E3... the hard way

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so yesterday I got my Dspeck battery extension. Following Nas's directions, I liberated a P91 lamp from its reflector. Slapped the P91 into Nas's McGizmo-inspired modified head, added on the battery extension, threw in 3 new batteries, and tested it outside in the dark. Big smile. Now *that's* a flashlight, my friends!

BTW, I noticed theP91 fit into the modified head without modifying the round green board that holds the lamp and springs. However, the light doesn't work that way. Had to trim the board down to size for the light to turn on. Actually, it was a little worse than that with the untrimmed board. Light went on briefly when I started unscrewing the head, then died out. The entire light got hot within just a few seconds. I took the lamp back out, trimmed the circular board and put it back in -- no apparent damage to the P91 bulb or the batteries. Something sure got hot quick there for a few seconds

Joe

Glow Bug

Enlightened
Why not just buy one already to go???

e3e.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
bad glow bug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sounds nice joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
we'll need pictures though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the E4e you got Glowbug? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry to butcher your pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

fb6e936b.jpg

Or what about an E series "A19"?

fb6e9256.jpg