Malkoff drop-in died

Jimbo-Coolie

Newly Enlightened
:poof: My Malkoff P4 drop in for 2-3D Mag just died. Replaced the batteries (duh) as well as changing host Maglite, nothing. The device is less than a year old with maybe 10 hours on it. Should I buy another Malkoff? Or maybe somthing better? Or send back the drop-in to malkoff and hope they stand behind the product?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Send it back for warranty repair. Gene backs all of his products... although I have never heard of anyone ever needing to RMA anything of his.

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Kudos to you Gene, great customer service! A true honest business man.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that he needs my endorsement, but I have been dealing with Gene for years (I like to point out that I bought one of the very earliest Mag drop-ins as well as a number of the original surefire dropins). I have spoken to him on the phone more than once, and via e-mail (MUCH) more than once. There are very, very few businessmen I have more faith in when I trust my hard-earned money to them for a product. That he also happens to make a product that I trust so deeply is a very happy (non) coincidence.

You'll have no problems.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
:poke: Maybe the cleaning the threads comment was more appropriate to fenix then maglite, but what wrong with dropping in a stock bulb with D batteries to make sure the switch works and everything is making contact? We're trying to make sure the problem is the module, correct? :kiss:

(I might have a couple of Mr. Malkoff's products.)

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Nice to see Gene taking care of his customers. I've had the SSC P4 dropin for my 4D Mag for two years now, definitely would like to get some of his other gear eventually.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
Being in the market for a new high-output torch, I've been vacillating between the Jetbeam RRT-3 and Gene's MD-3 Wildcat. Although I much prefer the 3X 18650 format of the RRT-3, reports on this forum of problems with Jetbeam's products vs virtually none with Gene's, coupled with Gene's immediate, personal response to the rare glitch, has made my decision for me. As soon as they are back in stock, I will place an order for the MD-3.

ragweed

Enlightened
I have had a couple of mag switches go south on me over the years. Switching to a new bulb is good advice to try first though.