broke my lx2 pocket clip

husky

Newly Enlightened
I have only had my lx2 for about a month now and the clip just broke today. I have worn it everyday since I bought it and broke it when I was adjusting it in my pocket. Is this something that is under warrenty? If not then where do I buy one? Should I just get a holster instead and carry it on my belt? Thanks for any replies!

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Hey Huskey,

Just go to the website and let them know what happened. They'll ask for you address and send a new one in a few days. I did the same thing with my L4 and they sent out a replacement in no time. :twothumbs

carrot

Flashaholic
It would be best if you called Surefire. They are not always as good about getting back to you by email.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Most people will tell you to just call Surefire - much faster than trying to email them. They'll send you a new clip, no questions asked. They will not even ask you to send in your broken clip or anything. 100% covered.

Pretty much any other damage you manage to do will be covered as well.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be best if you called Surefire. They are not always as good about getting back to you by email.

Most people will tell you to just call Surefire - much faster than trying to email them. They'll send you a new clip, no questions asked. They will not even ask you to send in your broken clip or anything. 100% covered.

Pretty much any other damage you manage to do will be covered as well.

As mentioned CALL Surefire, its the best way to contact them

chris23

Newly Enlightened
I've broken the clip on my lx2 two times, first time dropped light and it broke, second time broke when taking it out of my pocket, third time I bent the clip,
I use both email and phone to contact them, phone is faster response time, but they've sent me four clips so far total, no charge, only thing I hate is the yellow package they send these clips in are annoying to open, I keep getting the dusty material (that's part of the envelope) all over the place lol

pilote

Newly Enlightened
Hey Huskey,

Just go to the website and let them know what happened. They'll ask for you address and send a new one in a few days. I did the same thing with my L4 and they sent out a replacement in no time. :twothumbs

...same here...and i've always emailed them and have always gotten a response within days...and the replacement part within a week...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Very common issue. Surefire seriously needs to make those clips thicker so they stop breaking. Just call them on the phone. (You'll get a quicker response than e-mailing them.)

You can either have them send you a replacement clip, or tell them you broke the long clip on your C2 model. If you don't mind bezel-up carry, you can install that clip instead; and have a much stronger clip.

ss355

Newly Enlightened
What part of the clip breaks? Looking at the clip, it seems the spot where the clip narrows to slide into the light body is the weak point. Mine hasn't broken (yet?), but I haven't carried it much. In contrast, my L2 clip, though only for bezel up carry, looks much sturdier.

steveG

Enlightened
Very common issue. Surefire seriously needs to make those clips thicker so they stop breaking. Just call them on the phone. (You'll get a quicker response than e-mailing them.)
I just received my second replacement Lx2 clip. It seems they've redesigned it a bit. This one has more tension against the body of the flashlight. This material seems to be the same, though.

boulder

Newly Enlightened
I just came across this thread. Broke my LX2 a while back and I didnt know I could get it replaced!

I sent off an e-mail to Surefire and they responded within 15 minutes!!! Now THATS customer service.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
This was a known issue when the LX2 first came out - there was a discussion on this - in the main LX2 thread IIRC. I believe SF subsequently redesigned the clip to eliminate a stress riser. All reports are that SF has no problem with replacing broken clips.

steveG

Enlightened
I believe SF subsequently redesigned the clip to eliminate a stress riser. All reports are that SF has no problem with replacing broken clips.

My latest clip feels way better than the two previous I've broken. I should also note that mine is on an E2DL and also fits much better than the others.