• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired X6 Cannon feeler.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had these lights sitting around for the better half of 6 months after making 30 units. The X6 Cannon was made as a LED searchlight and the beam is not adjustable. I was hessitant to put these up for sale due to its cost but I thought I'd give it a try and see if there is interest. The X6 Cannon will come with the following: NiMH battery pack, charger and an aluminum carrying case. Preparing each for shipping will be a challenge due to its size and weight. Price will be $540.00 shipped via EMS express mail. This will not be a prepay. I also need to mention that I will ship out once 20 units are paid for since I will have to borrow a friend's van to drive all the packages to the post office in one shot. Please post your interest.

s6ipvs.jpg

2vmheg8.jpg

ioeqyx.jpg

vco4n.jpg

2dryjk7.jpg

oppf9c.jpg

mrb53m.jpg

ip1sg4.jpg

2lvmkv7.jpg

mszw9e.jpg

2v8h3pi.jpg

The beam shot picture was taken at a distance of 300 meters. The X6 Cannon produces a 35cm circular beam at a distance of 3 meters.

Specs:

T6061 aluminum
HA III black
Length: 28cm
Width: 6cm
Weight: 1.4kgs
Maximum throw: 800 meters
Battery pack: 16.8 volt, 2700mah NiMH (Safe for shipping worldwide)
Light levels: 3 (15%, 35% and 100%)
Runtime in high: 1 hour 15 minutes
LED: Ostar 6 die LED, QZ in brightness driven at 24 watts in high mode.
Light output: Approx. 2000 lumens
Optics: Utilizes 6 glass optics with AR coating on both sides.
Serial numbered

ARC mania

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice lens system, that's quite an job producing a round beam from 6 dies!

Specs:
LED: Ostar 6 die LED, QZ in brightness driven at 24 watts in high mode.
Light output: Approx. 2000 lumens
ARC mania

I thought the Ostar 6 die LED is ~1000 lumens, could you clarify this?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
ma_sha1: If you look at the 15 watt Ostar PDF file which you can acquire from Osram, you will see a QZ brightness bin cranking out 1150 lumens at a drive current of 700ma. Osram mentions this to be a 15 watt LED. Since the LED is over driven at 24 watts you can pretty much guess the light output. The number I was given came my contractor who helped with the original X6 flashlight. This is the only LED flashlight using a glass optic with this kind of output. Makes for a unique searchlight.

ARC mania

calebra

Banned
damn fine piece of work there Arcy, will have to search out some funds with a lesser piece of equipment:thumbsup:

gjg

Enlightened
SWEET! Great job on the "Cannon" - looks like it's aptly named!:D And priced right considering the capability. Should give many HID's a run for their money, plus LED durability and instant-on:).
gg

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me of a DEFT on steroids! I am interested in purchasing this beast, but could you post some more pics of the light itself and maybe a few of it in hand to give me an idea of the size. Also, why NiMH as opposed to Li-Ion?

Thanks,
Dan

calebra

Banned
This reminds me of a DEFT on steroids! I am interested in purchasing this beast, but could you post some more pics of the light itself and maybe a few of it in hand to give me an idea of the size. Also, why NiMH as opposed to Li-Ion?

Thanks,
Dan
Hi Dan, there are many a horror story told on this forum about multi celled LiIon flashlights. they are dangerous, they can kill, also it is getting very difficult to ship LiIon cells, for the same reason. NiMh is somewhat safer, still, all care should be taken in keeping them healthy.:wave:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this light regulated as well or direct drive?

What would you consider the tint to be as I'm not very familiar with the Osram's?

Thanks,
Dan

DM51

Flashaholic
I've had these lights sitting around for the better half of 6 months after making 30 units ... Price will be $540.00
You say you made these? Really? And they only cost $370 there (maximum $412 incl shipping) not the $540 you are charging.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look like the same light. The OEM mfg. usually will grant special requests, such as different battery etc.

You say you made these? Really? And they only cost $370 there (maximum $412 incl shipping) not the $540 you are charging.

From $412 to $540, it's a 24% margin, which is not high as a dealer, it's reasonable margin. However,
his cost is likely lower than the web listing, there's a lot of room to negotiate on bulk OEM deals, a lot of times,
that allows dealer to sell at the same mfg. pricing.

The biggest problem is that the OP seems to pose as he own the design as well as the development efforts & ideas that went into the light, that's the big no no.

CrowdGather

Newly Enlightened
Just because the host and the aluminum case look the same does not mean that this is the same light. I am sure one can buy hosts and cases separately to do what they like with...

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just another sign of dishonesty by the OP!!!! Looking back at all the excuses and stories about "this and that" makes us wonder WTF has been going on!!

"Price will be $540.00 shipped via EMS express mail. This will not be a prepay. I also need to mention that I will ship out once 20 units are paid for since I will have to borrow a friend's van to drive all the packages to the post office in one shot."

Latest posts