Jetbeam RRT-1 Fault

Ranger_101

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a RRT-1 with a fault that means that when you touch the torch in a specific way it turns off.

If you hold the unit by the handle and press the head in a certain way there is a 'wobble' between the engraved 'high med low' ring and the silver selector switch. This provides an intermittent connection.

If anyone can provide takedown info on how to get to the switch assy it would be appreciated. I don't want to force anything.....

Many thanks,

Scott

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read about "switch probs" on the JetIII & my Jet I became "weird" shortly after its arrival. It would activate without being asked and the end cap switch at times can not turn the light off.
I am getting a new endcap/switch from Bug Out Gear

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I have a RRT-1 with a fault that means that when you touch the torch in a specific way it turns off.

If you hold the unit by the handle and press the head in a certain way there is a 'wobble' between the engraved 'high med low' ring and the silver selector switch. This provides an intermittent connection.

If anyone can provide takedown info on how to get to the switch assy it would be appreciated. I don't want to force anything.....

Many thanks,

Scott

Has nothing to do with intermittant connections. The selector ring is not a switch at all. It just has a magnet inside it that is sensed by sensors on the driver board inside the light as it is rotated.

Lunarcorey

Newly Enlightened
Seems hard to solve this problem by yourself. I suggest you resend the item to the buyer and get it fixed.:shrug: