Possible issue with TK30

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was playing wth my new Fenix TK30 the other night and I noticed something I never noticed before. On the low settings only three of the 4 die's light up, and the on the die that doesn't light up there are 2 small black spots on the die. Here is a link describing exactly what I'm experiencing https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/250637. For the record I'm using CR123 primaries. Any idea if this is normal? Should I be concerned?

CM2010

Enlightened
Just checked my TK30 and all 4 light up for me,i'm using 2 18650's.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is definitely not normal with either the TK30 or the TK40. I would send it back to the vendor.

By the way, an easy way to check the MC-E LED's dies without burning up your eyes is by shining the light at an angle into a pool of water like in a bathtub or sink. The reflection at an angle will let you see if all 4 dies are lighting up at the same level properly.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replys guys. I contacted 4sevens yesterday and they are sending me a new head so I should have the problem solved, great customer service. I was just wondering, how much does the tint on the TK30 and 40 vary sample to sample? Are they pretty consistant throughout or are do they seem to vary quite a bit in tint? I have heard some reports of some Tk40's having a slight yellowish beam but I don't have any first hand experience.