JETBeam RRT-1 Raptor 3-CELL Extender ???

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
I've seen this being sold as an accessory and there's even an RRT-1 at "the bay" that comes with the extender included.

rrt1ex.jpg

**Mods; I painted over all of the store lettering that I could without erasing the whole thing**

Has anyone used this?

I didn't even know that the RRT-1 could handle the voltage of 3 CR123 or RCR cells. The extender is the same size as the M1X's extender...I tried the extender of my M1X and it indeed fits the RRT-1 but it only extends it enough to allow 3 RCR sized cells and not 2 x 18650 :sigh:

It's a really nice looking addition tho.

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Last edited:

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I'll just put one 18650 and one RCR123 together in there...and see what happens.

:wtf:

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
thanks for pointing this, i was also wondering what was possible to do, as this extender looks short.

do you know if this one is the same size ?
extended.jpg

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
They're the same size... but you can always use 2x18500 cells :) ...which almost doubles runtime, compared to 2xRCR.

Maybe I'll just put one 18650 and one RCR123 together in there...and see what happens.

If RCR is protected, then as is depletes, the protection circuit will kick in ...and in the end you'll get the same runtime as with 2xRCR's. If you use unprotected RCR you'll get :poof:. :)

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE:

I contacted JETBeam.

A few hours later they responded.

The RRT-1 and RRT-2 Raptors can use the cell extender from the M1X or the "Cigar Grip" cell extender.

However; in the three cell configuration they can only use CR123 primaries or RCR123A's. They CAN NOT use regular 4.2 volt RCR123's.

The maximum voltage that the "Broad Voltage" circuit on these lights can handle is 9V.

(Ignore the rest they are tags to help future users using the Search feature)
(Mods: if this causes problems or breaks rules I'll delete or modify)

jetbeam rrt 1 max voltage cell extender m1x 3 cell three cell

jetbeam rrt-1 max voltage cell extender m1x 3 cell three cell

jetbeam rrt1 max voltage cell extender m1x 3 cell three cell

jetbeam rrt 1 cell extender m1x 3 cell three cell

JETBeam RRT-1 cell extender 3 cell three cell

LowFlux

Enlightened
However; in the three cell configuration they can only use CR123 primaries or RCR123A's. They CAN NOT use regular 4.2 volt RCR123's.

The maximum voltage that the "Broad Voltage" circuit on these lights can handle is 9V.
2x 18500 too :whistle:

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
The extender allows for 2 186XX cells, or 4 x CR123's. Without it it's a 3 CR123 length tube.

Last edited:

guggep

Newly Enlightened
Hi Team,

I just attempted to use my newly purchased MX1 Smooth Version Cell Extender on my RRT1 and it did not fit. The RRT1 tailcap threaded onto the Cell Extender with no problems, but the MX1 Cell Extender would not thread all the way onto the RRT1 body. It started to thread but binds up tight after about two revolutions. It seems that it will need eight or ten revolutions to cover the O-ring and be on properly. Who has gotten this to work, and has anyone else had this problem. Is this user error on my part?

Thanks Guys