" New OLIGHT M31 info? "

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
If anyone hears anything more on this new M31 as to whether it will be more of a thrower than the M30 is, I would appreciate a heads up. I have heard it will be approx. 800 lumens but have been unable to find out what type beam it will have, etc. Thanks in advance............

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: " New M31 info? "

Are you referring to the new Malkoff M31 that will be out in a few weeks? To my knowledge it will use a single XPG R5 led, no way it will be anywhere 800 lumens unless Gene uses another emmitter in it like the SST series.

cm_mtb

Enlightened

Where did you hear that it will be 800 lumens? This dropin is limited to a 3.3v input, so it is for use with just one CR123 cell. Based on the single cell limit, and the fact that the M61 is 260 lumens, I think you can be fairly certain that the M31 will not be 800 lumens.

As far as throw is concerned, the M61 has less throw than the M60, so my guess is the throw characteristics of the M30 vs the M31 will be similar.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

A quick question for you folks here!!!!

Will the new M31 give full power with 2 NiMH AA cell?

My M30 needs 4.2v input for full power, but partial power as the voltage input decreases. My understanding is that we will have full output with 2 AA cells.

Can someone confirm this?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

See Gene's specs for his new 2D and 2C XPG drops in for the mag on his web site. They will deliver the full 260 lumens with two D or C cells. It would appear that he is using the same circuit for the new M31, as he explained in his email bulletin that the 2D, and M31 would use a straight boost circuit, and max input would be 3.3 volts.

Bill

Last edited:

KarstGhost

Enlightened

I'm not sure but I think the OP is asking about the new O Light product, an update to the Triton M30 with an SST-50.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not sure but I think the OP is asking about the new O Light product, an update to the Triton M30 with an SST-50.

And thus the need to be a little more specific in the title and not so stingy with the letters on the keyboard when asking these kinds of questions. He needs to repost his title with what he's looking for with brand/model clarification.

TOQ

Newly Enlightened

Thanks KarstGhost, that' s exactly what I was referring to. Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific as to brand, model, etc. but thought that the majority of "flashoholics" on this forum would probably figure out that M30 was an Olight product and that M31 was referring to Olight also. Didn't mean to be confusing about it. As mentioned in my original post, I did refer to this as possibly being just a rumor but the info about an upcoming Olight M31 model came to me from a fairly reliable source, one that I am not at liberty to mention right now. Unfortunately the info available at this time is very vague, hence the question to the forum as I imagine there are those out there with "deep contacts"............

DM51

Flashaholic

Aww, now look what you've done, TOQ... you've gone and disappointed MrGman and all the others who were looking forward to a Malkoff drool thread!!

LOL, now someone else will have to start one! :crackup:

signal 13

Enlightened

Man, way to take the jam outta my donut! :mecry:

tolkaze

Enlightened

Yeah, i'm pretty sure most "flashaholics" on this forum would be thinking Malkoff M31, since there was this big announcement and emails and posts flying around. since the Olight M31 is scarce on details, I certainly didn't think this thread was about the Olight

BIGLOU

Enlightened

I think the majority of flashaholics would think "M31" would be a Malkoff product. I was like oh no am I missing something and was already going to go to MDs website and get on the notification list. LOL

TOQ

Newly Enlightened

Okay, okay, I blew it!!! I am guilty and am apologizing profusely from one end of the forum to the other. Didn't mean to get so many so upset with so little info. I promise to do better the next time around and will name names, model numbers and tachyon burst numbers so nobody gets led down a bunny trail as I have led a few this time..................Ha! Heck, I'd probably do it again if I thougth it would get this much reaction............Ha! Not really, I understand what you guys are saying and learned a lesson here for sure.......

Now then, down to the business at hand! Has anyone here heard anything more on the possible release in late August I have also heard, of a new improved model of the Olight M30 Triton Flashlight that is, at the moment being referred to by those in the know, as the Olight M31 "Some Name" yet to be announced"..........???

dcycleman

Enlightened

To make you feel better, I thought "olight" when I saw the thread. I'd like some info on this as well

HIDblue

Enlightened

Our thread with full details is up in the dealers forum now.

HIDblue - We'll release details on the Olight SR50 and M31 soon!

TOQ, not for nothing, but I thought you were talking about the Olight M31 too.

Matt from Battery Junction responded to my request about the soon to be released Olight SR50 and Olight M31 in another thread regarding the new Olight SR91 (smaller version of the Olight SR90) in the dealers' forum.

Purely conjecture on my part, but I'm thinking the new M31 will probably be using the SST-50.

I have no idea what the SR50 is all about and the anticipation is killing me. :thinking: Maybe a smaller version of the new SR91 using an SST-50 pushed a bit harder??? Like I said, I'm just guessing right now...:candle:

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

See Gene's specs for his new 2D and 2C XPG drops in for the mag on his web site. They will deliver the full 260 lumens with two D or C cells. It would appear that he is using the same circuit for the new M31, as he explained in his email bulletin that the 2D, and M31 would use a straight boost circuit, and max input would be 3.3 volts.

Bill

Wait, what?

The M31 will fry on one RCR? :thumbsdow

I hope that's wrong. Not that I can afford to care at the moment. :shrug:

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait, what?

The M31 will fry on one RCR? :thumbsdow

I hope that's wrong. Not that I can afford to care at the moment. :shrug:

This thread needs to be retitled at the top to say the Olight M31 so it can stop getting cross postings on the Malkoff M31 drop in module.

But yes the new Malkoff M31 drop in that is being discussed in other threads has been given a redesigned driver that is limited to CR123 max voltage of 3.3V and cannot use a RCR battery that can peak at up to 4.2V. It is designed to also run with 2AA batteries. The new M61 will run well off of one RCR battery due to the lower voltage drop and lower current draw of the XP-G module.

but this thread is about the Olight M31 flashlight that is supposedly coming out and the title really needs to reflect that, hint hint hint.

TOQ

Newly Enlightened

This thread needs to be retitled at the top to say the Olight M31 so it can stop getting cross postings on the Malkoff M31 drop in module.

But yes the new Malkoff M31 drop in that is being discussed in other threads has been given a redesigned driver that is limited to CR123 max voltage of 3.3V and cannot use a RCR battery that can peak at up to 4.2V. It is designed to also run with 2AA batteries. The new M61 will run well off of one RCR battery due to the lower voltage drop and lower current draw of the XP-G module.

but this thread is about the Olight M31 flashlight that is supposedly coming out and the title really needs to reflect that, hint hint hint.

Hint taken Mr. Gman- I retitled this thread and will be more careful next time to put up a clearer thread title. I wasn't aware that there was another M31 from another mfgr. as I am fairly new to this hobby. Thanks to all who did correct me and taught me a lesson here..............

Painful Chafe

Enlightened

Hint taken Mr. Gman- I retitled this thread and will be more careful next time to put up a clearer thread title. I wasn't aware that there was another M31 from another mfgr. as I am fairly new to this hobby. Thanks to all who did correct me and taught me a lesson here..............

We take this "flash-a-holic" thing seriously here, mister.
Don't forget it.....:D