12 Step Program for Flashaholics

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
I can see already I've become compulsive and have become a flashaholic. While waiting for my 900 lumen P7-C and 3500 lumen 35W 15 inch flashlight, I bought 4 smaller flashlights to hold me over. And yesterday I went and did it, after reading that one long thread on it 4 times, I sent off for the Sunforce 20 freakin' million candlepower spotlight.

Here's what I may have to do:
  1. I admit that right now, I'm powerless over acquiring another flashlight.
  2. I must admit that only God can come up with a 50,000,000 cp flashlight or a 30,000 lumens one.
  3. I'm entirely ready to receive my 3500 lumen flashlight from China and my 20 million spotlight from that Tool company.
  4. I humbly ask forgiveness for ordering that IMR 18650 battery on ebay today.
  5. I will make a list of all the unnecessary flashlights I've bought.
  6. I will try to sell that $7, shipping free, 160 lumens one to some other unsuspecting wannabe for $10, batteries included.
  7. - 11. I will use meditation at night to not desire anymore bigger and brighter and longer throwing lights.
12 I will show others my Quark mini and try help them see the light too.

:eek: :welcome: lovecpf :party: :devil: Anyone else here have 6 or more flashlights?

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
It sounds as if you do indeed have an addiction to flashahol (just like the rest of us.)

I'll move your thread to the Cafe, where they make a feeble pretence of treating the condition; there is of course no cure, LOL

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sounds like you have everything in complete control. I'd expect nothing less from the king of the wild frontier.

Geoff

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
Hehe. Man, I've fallen hard so far, and I"m just 1 month into it.
What a great hobby! It makes it fun to go out into the dark. :D

How long does this last???? :candle:

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
Man, I've fallen hard so far, and I"m just 1 month into it.

I understand what you are saying. My first decent light was purchased in January. Before I knew what happened, I had two more. Now almost seven months later, I have ten lights and dozens of batteries. A mistake I made or was it a great idea was to combine flashlights and furniture. Now I have a custom made flashlight cabinet.

thepaan

Newly Enlightened
"Our culture is perpetually turning us into junkies: junkies to its junk, its poison, the kind of fix that it alone can provide. Still, it is telling that we seek to escape our addictions by taking refuge in the culture of the 12-step programs that have become so prevalent in US society. It is telling because what we find there is the pursuit of ritual, community, a confessional, a reprieve from our invasive and pervasive culture.This twelve-step is in fact an ersatz religion. In it we find ritual, rhythm, solace from the uncertainty of an overwhelming world turned strange by the monotony of its endless changing. In it we find prayer, and confessions, we find saints and martyrs. In it we find the church of the faithful, a gathering of domesticating and disciplining bodies. In this way, the twelve-step culture become a negative mirror of what our dependency creating culture does and seeks to undo. And thus, what is the means for the cure of our pathology reveals the nature and source of the disease, i.e. a culture that excites by capitalizing on the new, that undoes community by individualizing pleasure, which promotes superficiality and a fabricated authenticity, in which individual angst and failure are anathema and proscribed. The irony is double. The culture sickens and makes us sick, and the very medicine it prescribes become part of its poison, its very mean of perpetuating its hold on us by sustaining dependency."

StarHalo

Flashaholic
  1. I admit that right now, I'm powerless over acquiring another flashlight. You should. You must. You WILL.
  2. I must admit that only God can come up with a 50,000,000 cp flashlight or a 30,000 lumens one. Nah, parking lot HID in a basic reflector with the ballast and battery in a pack with a handle, that's 40,000 lumens..
  3. I'm entirely ready to receive my 3500 lumen flashlight from China and my 20 million spotlight from that Tool company. That's the cheap stuff, wait until you see the serious tools
  4. I humbly ask forgiveness for ordering that IMR 18650 battery on ebay today. Make sure you are well read on the proper care and handling of Li-Ion cells, they can be very dangerous if you make a mistake.
  5. I will make a list of all the unnecessary flashlights I've bought. The list will change next month; everyone wishes they would have skipped all the cheap stuff in the beginning and had just bought one or two good lights..
  6. I will try to sell that $7, shipping free, 160 lumens one to some other unsuspecting wannabe for $10, batteries included. Sell it to your neighbor for $20, "Twice as bright as a Maglite, same price!"
  7. - 11. I will use meditation at night to not desire anymore bigger and brighter and longer throwing lights. Resistance is futile
12 I will show others my Quark mini and try help them see the light too. That's actually a good crowdpleaser light, don't forget to awe them with Strobe

Anyone else here have 6 or more flashlights? Most of these guys don't list all their lights because it wouldn't fit on the screen..

Latest posts