Your favorite 18650/17670 thrower?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best throwers are my Jet III Military, Jet I-Pro v3, and L-Mini w/Turbo head. But I'm sure there are some newer lights out now which can really out throw these.

What would you guys recommend for a really hot, throwy light that runs on an 18650 or a 17670 and would singe hair at 100 yards? ;) (OK, forget the hair part... how about just really bright.) :popcorn:

I'd like to stay with a single cell, no modding, and not terribly costly.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well the masterpiece pro 1 has crazy throw and will run on 1 18650 but it isn't super bright. :thinking:

Maybe an sst mod will fix that. :D

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK30 with 2 18650's, hands down. I have one and swear by it for throw. It won't turn off a street light like my Olight SR90, but at a fraction of the size and cost of the SR90, it's one heck of a light. I use mine for spotting coyotes when walking the dogs at night.

If buying from 4sevens, be sure to use the 8% CPF discount code.

Noctis

Enlightened
Nailbender SST-90 Direct Drive dedomed.
Surefire 6P w/McClicky running IMR 18650.
Z44 bezel w/aspherical lens.

Square beam, but it throws about as far as my green laser pointer :p

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my catapult is my delicated thrower. my E2DL is my pocketable thrower.

for single 18650 throwers without modding and for a reasonal price, i think the best are the dereelight DBS, jetbeam RRT-1, and Tiablo A10. and A9.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo A9 without asperical head it's good for around 200 meters and better than any of my Jetbeams (single 18650) with the aspherical it's fantastic.

DBS V3 with asperical head is a beast I was pleasantly surprised by the fairly wide hotspot using the aspherical head it's wider than my Tiablo A9 but a little less intense.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A8 modded with the new XR-E R2 EZ900 with smaller die, with collimator head. Or pocket size thrower aspheric Surefire 6P with Dereelight module modded with new XR-E R2 EZ900 smaller die. Or L-Mini II with turbo head modded with new XR-E R2 EZ900 smaller die.

There are plenty of other good suggestions out there, these just happen to be some of my favourites at the moment.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys... I will look into those. I edited my first post to indicate that I'd like to limit the range to single cell, no modding, and moderate price if possible.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish they made an aspherical head attachment for the SF LX2