Fenix P2D Q5 vs L2T v2

bunta

Newly Enlightened
Quick question guys..

Which one has a better throw the P2D Q5 or the L2T v2 ?? Im looking a Fenix only line.. the best thrower that will take 1 Cr123 or 2 AA. I dont like the Fenix TK line since their too big for EDC.

I like a narrower beam and can throw real far. Which one of Fenix's current or older line has these characteristics??

Right now i have the P2D and its spill is too wide for a liking. Im wondering if i could buy a L1/2T and swap the head from the L1/2T onto the P2D and possibly get a narrow spill with better throw.... But if the difference is negligible, i may as well just get one the newer Fenix flashlights.

Please help.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
They both use the same size reflector. The P2D has the XR-E Q5 and the L1T/L2T an XR-E Q2, so the P2D should throw a little farther, spill being about the same.

bunta

Newly Enlightened
They both use the same size reflector. The P2D has the XR-E Q5 and the L1T/L2T an XR-E Q2, so the P2D should throw a little farther, spill being about the same.

Yea,.. thats what i thought to. Do you know which of the current line (excluding the TK line) can throw the farthest?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should go thru "selfbuilt's" reviews and look for the highest lux number. He can be found in the review section.