+

...and why did you choose it.

1: Ultracompact EDC {CR2 or AAA}
2: EDC {CR123, AA}
3: Large EDC {small 2xCR123, 17500 up to 18650}
4: Duty Light {P60, 2 or 3xCR123, small tactical & throwers}
5: Full size {2x18650, 2 or more D&C, full size tactical & throwers}
6: Biggest f@(king honcho! {unlimited}

__If your favorite light isn't listed, just use the closest format.

thanks for flying CPF ;)

Last edited:

Chicago_Ted

Newly Enlightened
It's good to have massive light cannons but I actually prefer a good EDC-sized (CR123, AA) light because they are small enough to carry around with you without getting weird looks but are big enough to have decent brightness and usability.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AAA is my current favorite format for EDC because these lights are so easy to carry in a shirt pocket due to their thin shape and light weight. Too, they fit my hand better and have longer battery runtime than 1AAA lights.

A few years ago, most 2AAA lights were dim and junky. Now, brighter, better built lights are available in the 2AAA format.

recDNA

Flashaholic
+

...and why did your choose it.

1: Ultracompact EDC {CR2 or AAA}
2: EDC {CR123, AA}
3: Large EDC {small 2xCR123, 17500 up to 18650}
4: Duty Light {P60, 2 or 3xCR123, small tactical & throwers}
5: Full size {2x18650, 2 or more D&C, full size tactical & throwers}
6: Biggest f@(king honcho! {unlimited}

__If your favorite light isn't listed, just use the closest format.

thanks for flying CPF ;)

1 x Rcr123. 200+ lumens and clips in my pocket.

Last edited:

photonstorm

Newly Enlightened
For carrying, I prefer the Preon2 or AA size since I don't even notice I have it.
But when it comes to actually using the light the 2x CR123 or 18650 format feels better in the hand.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single CR123 or 2AA for EDC.

But I really prefer BIG D lights for the output and runtime. Weight doesn't bother me too much as long as it's not more than about a kilo (4D).

kramer5150

Flashaholic
#4, duty light is my fave. P60 host in particular. its jut a great size to pack carry and hold in the hand.
#3 is also a fave, specifically the E2L and A2.

#6, BIG honcho for all out crazy-ness. DIY-HID spotlight mods are my faves in this class. Unmatched Lux, Lumen, tint, CRI and output regulation per $$$ spent. Nice thing about HIDs is the warmer tint (4300-5000K) are brighter than the pale and blues... so you get the best of both.

Last edited:

DasRoot

Newly Enlightened
+1 for 1xRCR123. My EDC lights of that size do everything I need them to.

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Ultracompact
iTP A3 with lithium primary
Because it's so small it doesn't get in my way
I removed the clip and keychain and I keep it on a neck lanyard of type 1 paracord . I don't wear it as a necklace very often , I just leave the lanyard hanging out of my pocket for an easy grab.

Burgess

Flashaholic
AA x 2 :twothumbs

Been EDC-carrying one for more than 3 decades now.

:cool:
_

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
For work purposes I prefer a breast shirt pocket light which in my case is the ITP A3,starts on medium which is now my favored mode due to enough output for most situations.

For leisure purposes a AA or 123 cell is my option and as an evening edc I revert back to mainly a AAA cell or a tiny button cell light,my current evening edc is the Nextorch K1 due to its tiny size and light weight,this I use as a lanyard carry.

If I have a fox in the old farm buildings or bothering the sheep in the field I take out a double c cell with some punch power in lumens out with me,mine runs on AA cell via adapters.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
#5 2+ D cell format

Fits my hand better, i like the extra heft too. Also make good tire thumpers.

My wife says #3 for 18650's

Likes the lights size and power. Easy to carry, but still big enough to know its there.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No doubt the 1 AAA lights are my favorite, mainly for the small size while still using a common battery. Can't seem to get used to anything larger in the bottom of my pocket. The QMini AA and 123 come very close to also meeting my size standard for comfortable carry.

Geoff

sappyg

Enlightened
my favorite has changed quite a bit over time. my lights keep getting smaller and smaller. lately i've become very impressed with 2AAA pen lights b/c they are so convenient to have on you.

Nameless

Newly Enlightened
I carry a #2 1x 14500 Dereelight C2H every day for its size to output to runtime ratio.
For the late walk with the dog I take one or two #4 1x18650 P60 hosts (floody SSC P7 and aspheric XR-E R2) because of the handling and runtime.

jumpin jack flash

Newly Enlightened
Mine is ultracompact, single AAA, that I carry (EDC) loose in my pocket, and it serves the majority of all my lighting needs. I've tried a small AA (Quark Mini) but the larger diameter is very noticeable in my pocket -you wouldn't think an extra 1/8" would make that much difference but it does - so I seem to have settled on AAA as being just right.

I've carried a Fenix LOD for a number of years, and was just getting ready to buy a Liteflux LF2XT recently until they stopped production. No one really seems to make my ideal light : Single AAA, multi-level, very low low, starts on low, good knurling for grip, reversable clip (I clip mine to the bill of my cap practically daily for attic and crawlspace work among other tasks), and a neutral tint (4000 - 4200K or so). Would really like to see a AAA version of the Quark Mini, but I realize 4 Sevens has made their choice with the Preon.

Please come back Liteflux.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA x 2 :twothumbs

Been EDC-carrying one for more than 3 decades now.

:cool:
_
WOW , in those days you had to light the torch with a cigarette lighter .
evilgrin07.gif