New Jetbeam RRT-0 XP-G R5's are out now *(New clip info post#14)*

Dan FO

Enlightened
I ordered one today and will let you all know what it's like next week when it gets here. I don't have an R2 to compare it to so I won't be able to do a comparison. But I will give my impressions on the light.

Last edited:

Chicago_Ted

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Jetbeam RRT-0 XP-G's are out now

I look forward to your opinion.

I think I prefer R2 though as XP-Gs are a bit too floody.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Jetbeam RRT-0 XP-G R5's are out now

where did you get it?

Grumpy

Enlightened

Mine arrived 3 days ago and I took it out of the box installed the battery and clicked the switch and nothing hapened. It would not work.

It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong with it.

The step in the battery tube that makes contact with the light engine or head of the light when it is screwed in was machined too deep and the light engine could not contact it.

This light was not checked for proper operation before it left the factory. The light engine itself may have been tested but the assembled light was not.

I read the warranty card that came with the light and it states "we confirm that it has been subjected to the most exacting quality controls by JETBeam"

Is it too much to ask that a battery be placed in a light and it checked for proper operation before leaving the factory?

I fixed the light myself by using a diamond stone to remove the annodizing from the top of the tube and it now makes contact there instead of where it was originally designed to.

All that being said I still like the light alot after I fixed it. It is a nice light and I really like the control ring with preset levels and the clicky switch that is not easily activated in a pocket. It seems to be a powerfull light also. It throws well for a pocket light. The annodizing and machine work on the outside of the light look great. It looks and feels like a very well made light.

Now I will check the runtime on High to see if it is as advertised.

The dealer that I purched from has been very helpful. I am glad that I was able to fix it and not have to ship back etc.

Dan FO

Enlightened

I look forward to your opinion.

I think I prefer R2 though as XP-Gs are a bit too floody.

I have had a chance to play with it now and this is what I found. I have the AA extender and have used CR123, RCR123, AA alkaline, AA lithium, AA eneloops and protected AW 14500's. It works fine with all of them with CR123, RCR123 and the 14500 being the brightest. I chose this light because I wanted one light that would use 123 and AA with all chemistries.

The selector ring works flawlessly and the super low is accessed easily, I am now a fan of this UI.

I have seen some talk about a donut hole but the beam is actually adjustable eliminating any donut hole. There is no Loctite in the front piece of the head where reflector is located and can be rotated to adjust the beam. The O-ring is tight so the housing will not come unscrewed accidentally. This housing can be removed and the light can be used in candle mode by tail standing it (it tail stands perfectly). There is a white Nylon centering devise that centers the LED perfectly in the reflector. I am fine with the smooth reflector and think it works well.

The anodizing is tough and perfect. I have not installed the clip so I can't comment on that. I am satisfied with the light overall. I don't have the R2 to compare it with but the R5 throws fine and the beam is perfect white. This light is not flimsy at all and is overbuilt in many ways withe a SS bezel and a SS switch ring.

Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned

I don't have the R2 to compare it with but the R5 throws fine and the beam is perfect white.

Do you have any neutral white lights to compare your RRT-0 R5? Because mine and a few others online are complaining about the tint being too cool. Compaired to my NiteCore Extreme SS Q5 its very blue but on its own its hard to tell.

Dan FO

Enlightened

Do you have any neutral white lights to compare your RRT-0 R5? Because mine and a few others online are complaining about the tint being too cool. Compaired to my NiteCore Extreme SS Q5 its very blue but on its own its hard to tell.

I just tried against a Fenix P3D Q5 Premium and the Fenix is more yellow while the RRT-0 looks white. I am not seeing blue.

yowzer

Enlightened

I'm one of those. It's not 5mm 'angry blue' cool white, but it's still by far the bluest of my lights. It's only really noticeable on white walls and not so much in real world use, but it's the only thing stopping me from loving the light instead of just really liking it.

SwarfWorks

Newly Enlightened

I suppose that I should chime in as I have both the R2 and R5 here. The R5 is much bluer. I've had a couple people say, dude, your light is purple! That's a stretch, but it is certainly cooler than the R2.

I love the RRT0, but am not digging the donut hole on the R5. It's not as bad as my M1x was (which I sold because of the donut hole), but is still there. I just "adjusted" it as "Dan FO" said. It might be a bit better, but is still there.

Well, here's a quick pic. R2 on left, R5 on right. Both have SMO reflectors. You can almost notice the color more on the ceiling.
SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-r2-v-r5.jpg

Cheers!
Paul

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm one of those. It's not 5mm 'angry blue' cool white, but it's still by far the bluest of my lights. It's only really noticeable on white walls and not so much in real world use, but it's the only thing stopping me from loving the light instead of just really liking it.

+1 Same here very blue and like you it's the only thing keeping me from loving it, the donut in the hotspot was a problem but I put a OP reflector in now that part is all better.

It's to bad about the blue tint though.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does XP-G version have the same reflector as XR-E one or they modified it?

Dan FO

Enlightened
New Jetbeam RRT-0 XP-G Clip Breakthrough!

As many of you know the new R5 has 2 threaded holes in the tail. Guess what! The best clip in the business fits this light. That's right, the titanium McGizmo clip ( http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=653 ). I just took the clip off one of my custom McGizmos and it fits perfectly. The screws are the wrong size but the clip is a perfect match. I screwed the screws in just far enough to make sure the fit was a go. It's like it was made for this light. :D

Picture here --> http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/images/Universal_ClipScrews.jpg

bullettproof

Enlightened

All these mfg's just throw what ever together what they think will sell. I will not buy Jetbeam there QC sucks.

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened

I just received my Jetbeam RRT-0 today. I really like the light and it is great on the clip but it wiil not turn on at times and it will flicker and sometimes stay on at a low setting when it is turned off. I am using Surefire Cr123 batteries in it. I got it from Tactical LED and it looks like I will be sending it back.:sigh:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Jetbeam RRT-0 XP-G Clip Breakthrough!

Any chance you can post a photo of the clip on your RRT-0? It would be helpful to get an idea of the overall fit. Without screws maybe you can just lay the clip in the proper position so we can see the proportions. Thanks Dan.

As many of you know the new R5 has 2 threaded holes in the tail. Guess what! The best clip in the business fits this light. That's right, the titanium McGizmo clip ( http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=653 ). I just took the clip off one of my custom McGizmos and it fits perfectly. The screws are the wrong size but the clip is a perfect match. I screwed the screws in just far enough to make sure the fit was a go. It's like it was made for this light. :D

Picture here --> http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/images/Universal_ClipScrews.jpg

daimleramg

Banned

I just received my Jetbeam RRT-0 today. I really like the light and it is great on the clip but it wiil not turn on at times and it will flicker and sometimes stay on at a low setting when it is turned off. I am using Surefire Cr123 batteries in it. I got it from Tactical LED and it looks like I will be sending it back.:sigh:

I believe with CR123 cells they are rated at 3.3V fresh, that means you have to use it on low for a few mins to get it below 3V then switch it to high. Something in the circuitry that cuts power when batt V dips to 3.3V-3.1V. That may be protection for RCR123 li-ion cells. This is a hunch I may be wrong.

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened

I believe with CR123 cells they are rated at 3.3V fresh, that means you have to use it on low for a few mins to get it below 3V then switch it to high. Something in the circuitry that cuts power when batt V dips to 3.3V-3.1V. That may be protection for RCR123 li-ion cells. This is a hunch I may be wrong.

I suspect you are correct. The light is working well now without a problem as I have put it threw its paces tonight. I was advised that this could be the issue as Tactical LED very promptly responded to my problem and will accept it back for testing/replacement if required. I really like this little light and the clip works very well on it. It is a push on clip and it is very solid and stable. I will cont. to test it and will try it with a AA as I also got the AA extender for this light. I will report how it preforms and if there are any other issues. This is really one sweet little light!!

GlukoO

Newly Enlightened

Well, here's a quick pic. R2 on left, R5 on right. Both have SMO reflectors. You can almost notice the color more on the ceiling.
SwarfWorks-jetbeam-rrt0-r2-v-r5.jpg

Paul, can you compare your rrt-0 R2 and rrt-0 R5 with OP reflectors?
And what type of reflector would you advise for rrt-0 R5? SMO or OP?
Thanks for answers! =)