Fenix P3D series

lovenhim

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I am interested in a Fenix P3D series light ( I think). I am trying to save up to purchase one at the moment. I am also being offered one from another forum and it is a Fenix P3D CE. What is the difference? I am just an EDC guy and I already have a Preon 2 (love it), Fenix E01, Fenix LD01, and a Quark 123 regular. Thanks for the help.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The CE has is not as bright as the Q5. I don't remember what LED was in it, but get the Q5 if you can find one. The P3D is the older version of the current PD30. The PD30 has an R2 emitter with a little more output than the Q5 and now comes with an R4 emitter with 265 lumens output. It is very bright, but more of a floody beam versus the P3D Q5 and PD30 R2. Some people like the floody nature of the R4, but some prefer the better throw(but less output) of the Q5 or R2. If you can find a P3D Q5, get it. It is a great light, but don't pay more than $45 for it. If you can't find it for that price, get a PD30 with the R2, unless you want to pony up $70 for the newest R4 version.

Long story short, I wouldn't get the CE. You can probably get an P3D Q5 for the same price, or better yet a PD30 with the R2 for just a bit more.

lovenhim

Enlightened
I would be getting a P3d CE in olive green for the trade of a Victorinox LED swiss army knife. I own one of my dream SAKs now, the Deluxe Tinker and I do not need or use that other SAK, so this light would be a trade and free to me. That being said I prefer a floody type beam over a spot beam. Hmmmm