nitecore extreme problem...keep?

Tmad

Newly Enlightened
I got lucky with the 4sevens garage sale and got a couple of lights one of them being a nitecore extreme. Upon arrival it worked in high and low. After about 2mins of playing with it now it will only work on high. In low mode it drops just enough to tell something happened but probably only 10-15 lumens DROPPED from high instead of ~10 lumens total.

I only paid $25 and they surely aren't going to replace it so...is it worth just keeping as a backup to my d10 (which is what I bought it for) or send it back and get a refund. I go back and forth but was wondering what the masses thought. Thanks.

Batou00159

Enlightened
The 2 function with bezel undone is a variable brightness .

1.undo the bezel half a turn or so
2.now tighten the bezel and untighten quickly
3.you should see the light ramp
4.if nothing ocours repeat 1,2,3.
5.if sucesfull tighten the bezel back to high and this will cancell the ramp process.
6. the light should now be restord to high=tight/low=loose

note: that you can stop the ramping process at any brightness in between

you are still entitled to your right for returning a faulty product within 4sevens return pollicy.

Last edited:

Tmad

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Batou, you were right on both accounts. I guess I need to go online and find a manual to print off since it didn't come with one. Much appreciated!

The 2 function with bezel undone is a variable brightness .

1.undo the bezel half a turn or so
2.now tighten the bezel and untighten quickly
3.you should see the light ramp
4.if nothing ocours repeat 1,2,3.
5.if sucesfull tighten the bezel back to high and this will cancell the ramp process.
6. the light should now be restord to high=tight/low=loose

note: that you can stop the ramping process at any brightness in between

you are still entitled to your right for returning a faulty product within 4sevens return pollicy.

Matt7337

Enlightened
So what we've learned is that you got a Nitecore Extreme for $25 and it is in fact in full working order... JEALOUS! :D Enjoy your new light - it's one of the best money can buy :thumbsup:

Viper715

Enlightened
---Jedi Mind Trick--- It is broken as you originally thought and you want to sell it to me!!!.

Just kidding great deal on a awesome light. You will enjoy it.