Single-mode light wanted for wife

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
If a fellow wanted... To get his wife a light that has one setting with say around 50 - 100 lumens
and he did not want a twisty, and did not want multiple settings because she is not too technical (and would only use it occasionaly and would forget all I showed her).

What would he get

I have looked endlessly with no answer

Has to be AAA or AA

So to some it up

I want something to take out of her purse, push a switch and it works
AA or AAA
No twisty
One setting (50 - 100) lumens

RELIABLE

Thanks all in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: If a fellow wanted

Give Peak a call and explain to them what you would like. Incredibly helpful on the phone. Don't even try the website, just call. Stone axe reliable, tons of output levels to choose from, and simple to use.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

Romisen RC-G2 or RC-29 might work

Energizer 1AA(available at many stores)

I think one of the peak lights would be good, although I am not very familiar with them.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a Streamlight Microstream. It is a single AAA clickly light with one level of brightness. It's bright, cheap and very reliable.

Last edited:

Batou00159

Enlightened

Cyba lite orion about 50-80 lumins aa and l91 lithium click on click off sorted

carrot

Flashaholic

Give Peak a call and explain to them what you would like. Incredibly helpful on the phone. Don't even try the website, just call. Stone axe reliable, tons of output levels to choose from, and simple to use.
+1

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 on the Microstream but less lumens than you are asking for but would fit the average ladies purse a treat,this light actually is brighter using a Lithium primary.

+1 on the Cyba Lite if you are in the UK or buy via online and have one posted.

I am becoming a big fan of these Cyba Lites,really are very nice.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

Brinkmann Armor Max 1xAA # 809-1095-0

I bought this for a family member. As time goes by I'm only increasingly impressed by it. I think it has a great balance:

- single mode; approximately 60 lumens
- not too bright for indoor use but not too dim for outdoor use
- instead of a defined hotspot and a dim spill, the beam gradually diminishes in brightness between the center and the perimeter of the beam
- the tint is a cool white
- the body is made of a rugged plastic; that the body is not made of metal is nice in the winter months since it is not uncomfortable to hold

Dimensions:
4.125" [~104.78mm] x 1.25" @ widest point [31.75mm] x 1.0" @ narrowest point [25.4mm]

It weighs approximately 2.25 oz with the battery inside

I paid approximately $ 20 at Pep Boys. Walmart's website carries it, and it can be ordered directly from Brinkmann by telephone [Brinkmann's website doesn't list it for some reason]

More info in this discussion:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237106

Last edited:

The Hawk

Enlightened

Coleman LED MAX. Make sure to get the one that runs on 2 AA batteries as they also have other models. It states 110 lumens. Got mine at W-mart. Push button one time for on, again for off. My wife likes this light a lot. You will understand why when you take this light outside to show her how bright it is at night.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Peak would work, but the 1xAA energizer which was mentioned is a great light for the $15 it costs... I think it's 40-50 lumens, forward clicky. Available at Target.

DasRoot

Newly Enlightened

+1 for peak. They have a momentary switch option but that might not be exactly what you need. However, I think they could probably tell you where to get the switch from.

DM51

Flashaholic

Incomplete thread titles like the one you used are annoying. I've changed it so people acan see what the thread is actually about, without having to open it.

Peak is a good suggestion, and also take a look at the Icon Rogue 1.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

FWIW My wife prefers a twisty - small tailcap switches are not nail friendly; a comment we've heard echoed by a number of female customers.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i would still choose a quark tactical aa. program it to high and high and no matter what happens it is single mode. (or high and medium.. no need for max in normal use) its very simple to learn if she wants to use 2 modes.

twisty is preferred by ladies here too. itp eos a3 to be precise. the medium mode it starts is plenty for most. (if not then buy the single mode version)

romisen g2 from shiningbeam is good option if the price needs to be low (ie misplaces rarely used stuff way too often)

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

FWIW My wife prefers a twisty - small tailcap switches are not nail friendly; a comment we've heard echoed by a number of female customers.

I have to admit that in all my years of using flashlights, not once have I *ever* thought about that one! :banghead:

brainy1000

Newly Enlightened

Romisen RC-G2 or RC-29 might work

Energizer 1AA(available at many stores)

I think one of the peak lights would be good, although I am not very familiar with them.

For RC-G2, +1 here. Small but not too small, 1 x AA battery; one mode, glass lens. Maybe a holster must be purchased, to avoid scratches. This light is in the $18~20 price range. It's really bright.