How do you hide your lights from your wives????

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
I would have never guessed that I'd ever be a flashaholic..... I've been buying lights a madman since joining this forum. Just this weekend I scored two brand new Surefires,,, a 6P and a C2. Both icons which will be modded before you know it... I couldnt stop myself from buying them, both brand spanking new!!! God help me! Guys - How do you hide your lights from your wives???? :thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

tolkaze

Enlightened
Re: I would have never guessed....

yeah, just don't fall into the trap of buying more and more and more lights while you still have some in transit... seriously, half my purchases were because I was waiting for another light to arrive.

Hiding from wives? buy similar looking lights, and just say "its not new, its just the same old one" Or have a lot of lights.... 10 lights can look similar to 20 lights right?

Just don't say... "it was a cheapy or a trade" wives are smarter than us husbands when it comes to that.

Best advice though, is keep them at work, or in the car, or in the shed... just keep your favourites where you need them (in my case, all of them)

warmpabst

Newly Enlightened
LOL at this!
Have them delivered to your workplace, and I second the "similar-looking" concept.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
It can be pretty hard, depending on how many wives you have. ;)

Thankfully I'm not married yet though! :wave:

Seriously, I would actually recommend not hiding anything from your wife. As long as you aren't going overboard, I'm sure she will get used to it eventually. My girlfriend never fails to spot a new light and remind me that I don't really need more, but she also understands my need to indulge my (geeky) interests. :)

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Just let each wife only be aware of five or six flashlights. If you want to get more flashlights just get another wife or two!

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I buy similar sized and looking lights...well at least I try to. :grin2:

I also try to keep the amount of lights I have to the same number. So if I buy one, I try to sell one.

Also, if you have a bunch of lights grouped on a desk, they pretty much look all the same to her...except one time she took 10 mins to stare at each light to try and remember then so she could see if I bought new lights :(

computernut

Enlightened
I had some that I kept from my fiancee but eventually I came clean. The problem is the mail-man showing up at my door the days she would decide to work from home :whistle:

We eventually worked out a monthly budget amount for hobbies that we can each spend guilt-free.

jellydonut

Enlightened
It's all very simple - I'm not married and at this rate I never will be.:banghead:

Even if I were (ha, haha, hahaha! yeah.) I don't have that problem yet, I can only see myself buying a maximum of ten lights and that stretching it. I guess I'm just not bitten yet..:sssh:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't hide my lights from my wife
She knows how much they all cost too

she thinks im a little odd, but uses both the novatac edc120p and fenix L0d that i bought for her

Last edited:

smfranke

Newly Enlightened
I could put them in my pants. She'd never find them there :shakehead

Seriously though...she kind of knows. I don't have any uber-expensive ones and I justify the ones I do have to her by reminding that she eats lunch at restaurants & goes out with the girls and I choose to spend my $ on flashlights.

yalskey

Enlightened
Form a gun with your hand/fingers and point it at her face and say "THERE AIN'T NO FLASHLIGHTS HERE... WALK AWAY"... and if she doesn't walk, just act like you are cocking the hammer back on the gun and start to cry blood, that should freak her out enough to leave you alone. It works for me about 40% of the time. I'm on wife 11 now.

/dark humor/

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Most are generally out of her sight, but at this point I don't worry about it, and she doesn't seem to either. She sees the credit card charges anyway.

Geoff

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh that's a little TOO DARK there yalksey :eek:

Raising the topic of make up, wardrobe, footwear & accessories would quickly mute the topic wouldn't it? :crackup:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't hide them from her but she did think I was nuts. "Why do you need all these flashlights?". About one month ago the power went out for 2 days - she no longer thinks I am nuts. She thought all the flashlights were great.

To review, tell your wife about all of them and if you get a negative reaction, turn off the main curcuit breaker to the house electric :clap:

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
why do we have to hide them? They also buy a lot of staff for their faces-nales-body etc.and i think much more expensive.

I dont hide them from my love. She never complain for my toys.

yalskey

Enlightened
why do we have to hide them? They also buy a lot of staff for their faces-nales-body etc.and i think much more expensive.

I dont hide them from my love. She never complain for my toys.

Mr. A, you have a great wife! :)

Many women do spend a bunch on clothes, shoes, nails, etc. However, the difference is we WANT them to do all that stuff, don't we? I mean if she didn't do all those fashion/beauty things, that would be a case to NOT have a flashlight, wouldn't it?

[Sorry to be posting so much here, but this thread is a funny change of pace]