1 watt HD mag reflector or 30mm optics?

Reptilezs

Enlightened
im thinking of doing a mag mod but dont know what optic or reflector to use. i want the tightest hot spot possible. anyone have lux readings or beamshots?

LukeK

Enlightened
The Mag reflector will give you the tightest beam possible, without a doubt. The 30mm optics produce an admirable spot especially for optics, but they don't compare to the reflector.

jtice

Flashaholic
Luke is right, nothing beats a mag reflector.
And you can even make it so its still adjustable.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
What everyone else said.. The Mag reflector easily rules. The 30mm works good in smaller lights that have poor reflectors.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
But this is in regards to a 1watt? I thought the mag reflector didn't get a tight hotspot with a 1w as the 30mm does?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
um, actually, i think the mag will work even better with 1W cases. That is because the 1W got a smaller die, and thus the reflector be able to focus more. even though the 1W in the 30 mm optic also better than 5W in it, 1W with mag reflector will "rule them all" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I was thinking that for 1w's, SE gives a tighter beam than HD, but with 5w it's reversed. Am I right?

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
search: otokoyama sent out some samples to mr. bulk and some others a couple of weeks ago, for reviewing.