ordered dereelight V3 today

cordystoy

Newly Enlightened
Ordered my V-3 today from Flashcrazy, he was very helpful. Really looking forward to it. No matter how much you read and see the little computer pictures actually getting the light is a blast.

This will be my first big thrower, I guess I'll ordering a bunch of batteries soon.

red02

Enlightened
Great light, very modular and seems to be built like a brick. What emitter did you get?

stallion2

Enlightened
i love Dereelights and the couldn't have picked a better distributor than Jay, especially if they have only one dealer state-side. i bought my first DBS w/ two pills (MC-E and XR-E R2) and two reflectors and then bought an additional head and CL1H a week later so i could just swap heads back and forth rather then swapping reflectors and/or pills. i now have a Dereelight 'kit' in a small pelican box. w/ all the parts in their i could probably assemble 15 distinctly different lights. what emitter did you get?

Darvis

Enlightened
Just got a Nailbender SST-50 pill for the DBSv3, what a beast! you will appreciate Dereelight's flexibility, great pick!!!

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are in deep trouble.

Those Dereelight hosts are so modular and you are going to soon realize that keeping it stock will be hard to do: its P60 compatible or at least the pills are.

congrats,
bigC

Darvis

Enlightened
Yes indeed, you just need to specify that it's for the DBSv3 and he'll set the correct height of the pill for you. The SST-50 is "drop in" size for the XR-E reflector.

Darvis

Enlightened
NP, just waiting for it to get dark here so I can see what it can do. Looks promising, the hot spot is very tight... Much tighter than my P60 SST-50 drop in... this thing should throw!

Darvis

Enlightened
I don't, just the R2 and my other P60 drop in. At first glance, the R2 hotspot is more defined, but this thing is not that much more floodier and is a whole heck of a lot brighter, and I mean by a large margin... As info, the Nailbender is a single level regulated for one 18650 and will be set in the standard XP-E smooth reflector

Darvis

Enlightened
Ok, got it out for a quick test. Extremely impressed, very extremely impressed.Wow. Does not throw quite as far (almost, though) as the XP-E, but it is a HUGE bright tunnel of light with impressive sidespill to boot, along the lines of the M1X but in a MUCH more compact package and on a single 18650. WAY out throws the same LED with the P60 reflector.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do the regulated 2.8 amp 3 mode is the way to go IMO.

Thanks and I have already eyeballed nailbenders thread to figure out this much. IIRC the direct drive pills are brighter but I got to have regulated, even at the cost of lumens. Even if both was DD I like multi modes whenever possible.

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
I love my DBS w/ SST-50 Nailbender 3 mode pill. Awesome combination! Now I just don't know what to do with the MC-E and R2 pills I have. :(