My EagleTac T20C2 Mark II... a big dissapointment!

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
I acquired the flashlight and has been a great deception, therefore its shine is almost identical to that of my Fenix LD10/LD20 and with a little yellow tint. The reviews said that was very good, that illuminated a lot, but my perception is all the contrary thing. If uses a 18650 3V 2600 mAh battery, why is not better than the other that use 1,25/2,5 V? With CR123A is the same thing. I feel that I wasted my money, when would be able to have acquired another better one.

I am tired and not have time for take pics, but I will try it tomorrow if I arrive early to my house.

What could be better, a Fenix or some surefire model? I am very interested in about 300 lumens (perhaps a little less, like the TK12... if really gives 280 lumens, or the TA21) and not too much big or expensive (about $ 100-130).

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Eagletac T20C2 is very, very bright. Maybe there is something wrong with yours. Are you sure you have found the highest setting? If so try exchanging it.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if something is wrong with yours. My T20C2 MKII is WAY brighter with a lot more throw then my LD20 R4. If I go outside and try to shine them both on a tree about 150 ft away, the difference is VERY noticable. Try a ceiling bounce test. This should also be noticable. The hot spot of the EagleTac should be much brighter. Did you make sure the EagleTac head is tight? Perhaps you are in the general mode and not the EagleTac's high mode?

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
I read the instructions and tighten the head to enable the Turbo mode and, yes, is brighter, but not too much (it's well marked in the head). Maybe I receive a defective one product or was a consequence of the long travel from USA to Chile.

Well, a friend surely will be happy to receive it as gift :grin2:

entoptics

Enlightened
Contact EagleTac. They will fix it free. It will take awhile, but it will be free. Their customer service is excellent, except for speed.

My T20C2 first edition warm tint is still WAY brighter than any 2xAA offering I have tested, and it absolutely dominates any 1xAA offering.

Have you tested it outside at distance? Remember, "eyeball lumens" can be very deceptive in a light designed for throw. If the hotspot is very bright, your pupils will contract, and you will get a "false" impression of dimness.

I pay close attention to posts about EagleTac here on CPF, because I've purchased two of them, and have never once seen one that suggests the EagleTac is not brighter than it's competition.

Something else to understand, 18650 batteries will not be as bright as two CR123, but the runtime will be doubled.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have a P20C2 MK 2 and I was very impressed with it. I then ordered the T20C2 MK 2 the next week.

I really like both lights. I agree, I think something is going on with yours....

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have a P20C2 MK 2 and I was very impressed with it. I then ordered the T20C2 MK 2 the next week.

I really like both lights. I agree, I think something is going on with yours....

I have P20C2 MK2 and P20A2 MK2, and many other small tactical lights. The EagleTacs are both great lights.

My next purchases are gonna be the T20C2 MkII and the Quark Maelstrom G5.

I think you should try two fresh CR123 primary batteries before doing anything else. You may simply have a 18650 battery that is not holding a charge properly!!!

-

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Hi, never known there is a 3.0v 18650 lithium i-on rechargeable in the market. I use 3.7v 18650 rechargeable (AW and UltraFire - all protected) for a very long time now, and they are still working very good :twothumbs

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, the 18650 battery is 3,7 v, I mistook me upon writing. And yes, like said in the first post, I use CR123 primaries for a test. I used it in my mountain bike for a nocturnal exit with the same results.

Thanks, guys, for the words. And thanks recDNA for the test site, it's a very good sample of the flashligths. I believe that I will buy a TK11 (although the design of the TA21 is more attractive, he, he, he).

Flashaholic forever!lovecpf