Finding a lost TV remote.

andyw513

Enlightened
What would be a good way to mount either a tritium vial(s) or some type of GITD material to a TV remote so you won't lose it anymore in the dark. I've searched for this and could not find a secure way to mount anything, and was wondering if you all had any ideas.

I'm tired of losing the remote in the middle of the night, dropping it behind the bed/under the couch!

PhotoWiz

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if those glow-type materials would help you find the remote reliably. If the remote ended up in the wrong orientation or hidden under something else, you might not be able to see the glow. Also, I'm quite capable of losing the remote in broad daylight!

I'm trying out a product called Smart Finder from Orliv. I found it on Amazon.com. It is a set that has one transmitter with multiple channels and a set of six receivers. Four are key ring units and two are stick-on. I have one on the back of our TV remote. Another is tucked into my bluetooth earpiece case (I've lost two already!)

When you activate the transmitter, you can hear a receiver from a room or two away. The company claims the receiver batteries (CR2032) are good from 3-6 months, but I haven't had this long enough to tell

fishinfool

Enlightened
Duct tape it to your hand or couch or something. :crackup: Sorry, it's 1am here, I still can't sleep and I'm acting like a goofball. :naughty:

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duct tape it to your hand or couch or something. :crackup: Sorry, it's 1am here, I still can't sleep and I'm acting like a goofball. :naughty:

this seems like a good solution to me!

My approach has been to buy a few cheap universal remotes. It's hard to lose all of them at the same time.

regards,
Steve K.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Practice proper remote control handling techniques. You know I can't say I've ever lost a remote under something, my problem is leaving it in another room. eg. I go to my room from the living room to get a knife or light or laptop or anything to play with during a commercial break and leave the remote there. Or if I go to the kitchen and get food.

Maybe I should market remote control cozies with attached stretchy leash.

andyw513

Enlightened
I thought about using a key finder but that will probably get lost too. :crackup:

That's what I'm saying...the reflective tape is a good idea until it gets lost under covers, the key fob is good too but I'd just lose it too...maybe it wouldn't kill me to just get up and turn the channel myself, lol.:whistle:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's called "string".

Tie one end to your remote, tie the other end to something solid, and leave yourself as much slack as you want.

Ain't techie or cute, but dead bang cheap and effective.