Tigerlight LA and battery

Ross

Enlightened
Folks,
If you had a Tigerlight LA and a Tigerlight rechargeable battery - what would you do with them?
I'm looking for ideas for a simple mod, maybe based on a D cell maglite?

Ross

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably put them in a TigerLight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The LA would go in a Mag head but not without just a bit of tweaking. The battery pack? I don't know. But why would you want to put them in a Mag? You have to rig up a connector to link up with the TL batt pack and that would probably necessitate taking the switch assembly apart.

Wilkey

Ross

Enlightened
I have a Tigerlight (fully working...) that I use at work, I recently got a new LA and a new rechargeable battery as spares. I dont think I'm going to need the new battery for AGES as I maybe use it about 1 hour a week and I've changed the LA as well.
The only reason I was wondering about the mags is that you can use a D cell mag as a club - simple as that, which is sometimes handy in my line of work.
The connector would simply be a 9v battery snap on connector (as the tigerlight battery is the same top) to connect to the LA. I did wonder how the switch would work though.

Ross

Otokoyama

Enlightened
If you are willing to sacrifice the TigerLight's ability to be used as a baseball, don't require OC capability, and don't mind moving the switch to a more convenient location, the excellent components can likely be fit into a significantly smaller body. I've been slowly working on this.