Surefire X300

Dre327

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure if my x300 has a faulty cap switch. When I hit the left side of the switch with my left thumb for momentary on, depending on how much pressure I apply, the brightness changes. The harder I press, the brighter it is. However, when I press the right side, no matter how hard or soft I hit it with my finger, the brightness isn't affected. For those who have the x300, is this normal or do I have a bad switch?

Thanks

Enlightened
I own two of them. Even on a super light push, it's the same brightness on both sides of the switch. I'm betting you have a bad switch. Call Surefire up. They'll square you away.

/thread. :thumbsup:

Dre327

Newly Enlightened
I own two of them. Even on a super light push, it's the same brightness on both sides of the switch. I'm betting you have a bad switch. Call Surefire up. They'll square you away.

/thread. :thumbsup:
Thanks.... I will give them a call tomorrow. I had a feeling it wasn't normal.

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Like what 021411 said & I've had three of the X300s, call them up (not an email) & you will be plzd. w/ their reply.

Dre327

Newly Enlightened
Well, after about a month of going back and forth with surefire, I'm still in the same boat.... Last month I called surefire on the phone and explained what was going on. I told him that the light might have a bad tail switch, so they went ahead and sent me a new one at no charge. When the new switch arrived, I took off the old one and replaced it with the new one they sent me. The results were the same.... So, I called surefire again and this time, I had to send the light to them. About two weeks later, I get my light back and still has the same problem. When I called surefire, I was told that they replaced the tail switch and put new batteries and the light is working normal. That is exactly what was done before I sent them the light. Now, I'm really pissed off at them for the waste of time that I've gone through. I call for a third time and explained to them that this whole issue has been very disappointing. I told them that I would like them to replace my light with a new one. They actually agreed to exchange it and paid for UPS to pick up my light. Finally, after about another two weeks I get the new light and this new light has the same issue. I'm beginning to think that they are having a quality control issue with these lights.........
Is there anyone who can tell me that their lights are doing the same thing?

Thanks........

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've not heard of the issue you are experiencing.

Perhaps another possibility is that the X300 is fine and you are seeing something that everybody else isn't (?)

You could give the X300 to some friends and colleagues, without telling them you are seeing an issue with it, and ask them what they think of the X300. If they think its fine, you then explain what you are seeing and see whether they do as well.

Another thing to consider whether you experience the issue in use, for example on a low-light training course or at the range...

I hope you get things resolved.

Dre327

Newly Enlightened
I've not heard of the issue you are experiencing.

Perhaps another possibility is that the X300 is fine and you are seeing something that everybody else isn't (?)

You could give the X300 to some friends and colleagues, without telling them you are seeing an issue with it, and ask them what they think of the X300. If they think its fine, you then explain what you are seeing and see whether they do as well.

Another thing to consider whether you experience the issue in use, for example on a low-light training course or at the range...

I hope you get things resolved.
.....I've shown it to a few of my friends and all of them can see the problem with the light. They all think that it shouldn't do what it is doing....

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well then; several different switches and a trip to SureFire haven't sorted out the issue you are experiencing. Are you able to compare it to another X300 to see whether it also does the same thing? If other X300's you see don't then that's a strong case to have SureFire replace the whole thing.

Dre327

Newly Enlightened
Well then; several different switches and a trip to SureFire haven't sorted out the issue you are experiencing. Are you able to compare it to another X300 to see whether it also does the same thing? If other X300's you see don't then that's a strong case to have SureFire replace the whole thing.

That's the thing... they already sent me a new one... The new one does the same thing. So, what now???

Size15's

Flashaholic
If it is really a problem for you and you can't live with it, you could try to get the replacement replaced and hope was a run of bad luck but I get the impression you're seeing an issue where others don't.
In which case the X300 may not be the light for you and it may be time to see about getting a refund or heading over the CPF MarketPlace to sell or trade it for something else...