Problem with ITP EOS. Any advice?

northslope

Newly Enlightened
I tried a search but yielded zip.

My ITP EOS A2 has issues turning on and off. If I set the twisty just right, then I can press the back to do "intermittent on". However, (for illustration let's assume it is turned on) if I twist the twisty to turn it off, it turns off, but if i twist it back to on, it may or may not turn on. If it doesn't turn on, I must unserew the bezel to where it is nearly completly off and then rescrew it on for the light to turn on again.

I tried stretching the coil but that didn't help.

purelite

Enlightened
Try cleaning contact surfaces with alcohol., I had one that was finicky until I cleaned it good. They sometimes come a bit dirty out of the box also. I actually exchanged one which was to darn finicky for me and the replacement and all others I have had/tried were fine.

1anrm

Enlightened
my ITP A2 EOS started to act funny changing modes and wasn't running at full power. I checked the contacts and they looked clean. But it wasn't really. It took a good cleaning with alcohol and it was good as new again. Make sure not to put too much lubrication on the threads so it doesn't reach the gold contact at the head.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
A real good clean inside and a decent lube should do the trick,stretch and center the spring gently,it cured my A1 problems.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
With mine, the gold negative contact on the driver board started to lift in one spot, and was making contact with the side of the head. This meant the light was flicking modes at random, and sometimes wouldn't turn off at all.

I ran a sharp knife round the edge of the driver to ensure the negative contact was separated from the head.

I've had no problems since.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
With mine, the gold negative contact on the driver board started to lift in one spot, and was making contact with the side of the head. This meant the light was flicking modes at random, and sometimes wouldn't turn off at all.

I ran a sharp knife round the edge of the driver to ensure the negative contact was separated from the head.

I've had no problems since.

I will remember this posting for possible issues with any future purchases.

jak

Enlightened
How bizarre! I was having an iTP problem where the light was not turning off at all -the only way to turn it off was to take the battery out.

After reading this post, I though cleaning it wouldn't resolve anything because it clearly and easily is getting power (that actually was the problem). Sure enough, cleaning it fixed it.

This forum has great info!

zane2002

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the post and all the tips. This worked for me as well. I did try to clean it before but it didn't help the first time. After a good cleaning and checking the contacts, my little guy is running like a champ again.

Thx again!!!