OVEREADY V3 Triple XPG regulated Neutral outdoor beamshots

Enlightened
OVEREADY Triple XPG regulated Neutral on 2x IMR16340
Here's what I have to contribute.. Not the best but you get the idea.

2uzpft4.jpg

2ci7gr5.jpg

wso39i.jpg

jh55pc.jpg

2n7f6rr.jpg

2ihugqc.jpg

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what a regulated 4500k single mode does:

Surefire C2 UCL____Moddoo Tripple XP-G R5____2 IMR 18650________ 826.2 ______ 1 sec_________________________
____________________4500 WARM/Regulated________________________ 801.5_______30 sec______________________

____________________________1.32A at the tail_____________________________________ 793.1_______1 min______________________
______________________Moddoo Zero resistance Mod_________________________________783.1_______2 min_______________________
__________________________________________________ _____________________________ 776.9_______3 min_______________________

easilyled

Flashaholic
Here is what a regulated 4500k single mode does:

Surefire C2 UCL____Moddoo Tripple XP-G R5____2 IMR 18650________ 826.2 ______ 1 sec_________________________
____________________4500 WARM/Regulated________________________ 801.5_______30 sec______________________

____________________________1.32A at the tail_____________________________________ 793.1_______1 min______________________
______________________Moddoo Zero resistance Mod_________________________________783.1_______2 min_______________________
__________________________________________________ _____________________________ 776.9_______3 min_______________________

Impressive figures. Presumably the cool-white puts out even more. :eek:
What about when using 2 IMR 16340s for a smaller form factor? Would the readings still be this high?

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The xp-g r5 IS cool white:poke: Dont think they have neutrals in r5 yet.
Moddo claimed 4200 lux in another thread. That's not bad for a "flood light".

Cant wait until i get my neutral triple. I think mine is on it's way. Didn't get a order confrimation mail from overready (only the standard paypal recipt). There were 3 in stock when i ordered, so I guess overready don't send mails when they ship. I really hate to wait for cool stuff.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The xp-g r5 IS cool white:poke: Dont think they have neutrals in r5 yet.

The title says "Neutral" and bigchelis's measurements are taken for a color temperature of 4500k which he describes as Warm.
I also have seen a Sales Thread for RPG R5s in Neutral :poke:

Last edited:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the beam shots.

And Thank you to everyone involved in the OTF testing.

The 4500K triples are built with XPG R4.

The cool XPG R5 triples have about 100 more lumens OTF.

These will provide full output with 2x IMR 16340.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to test the neutral white against the cool white! lovecpf

I wonder which one I will sell afterwards, as I know myself and as I expect the personal results to be it'll be neither of both... :devil:

Next thing I fear I must wait a little longer to test is the Triples against an M2-50!

elho

Enlightened
I can't wait to test the neutral white against the cool white! lovecpf

I wonder which one I will sell afterwards
No offense at all, just curious: How comes you got two, does the "one triple per customer" rule only apply per variant and not per batch or generation? :thinking:
While I do understand that someone buying 10 and auctioning them off at double the price afterwards should be prevented, I myself do see various valid reasons for a flashaholic to own (and keep!) more than one. ;)

Next thing I fear I must wait a little longer to test is the Triples against an M2-50!
Being a different beast, it is probably safe to assume that one needs both anyway. ;) :devil:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense at all, just curious: How comes you got two, does the "one triple per customer" rule only apply per variant and not per batch or generation? :thinking:

How comes I already have the cool white while I'm still waiting for the neutral white?

Have a little look at the BST my friend, with a bit of luck, another one will show up one of these days... The rule applies only for new ones directly form Oveready, that's how I understood it at least! :wave:

elho

Enlightened
How comes I already have the cool white while I'm still waiting for the neutral white?
Uh, I missed that part, thought pou were just waiting until it is dark or something. :ohgeez:

Have a little look at the BST my friend
Did not thing of that either, probably because I con not understand how one could ever let go of such a work of art. ;)
Well, good for you someone did not agree with me here. :thumbsup:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh, I missed that part, thought pou were just waiting until it is dark or something. :ohgeez:

While I like the summer and always liked late sunset, I currently wonder why? :nana:

Did not thing of that either, probably because I con not understand how one could ever let go of such a work of art. ;)
Well, good for you someone did not agree with me here. :thumbsup:

I guess the seller is looking for something throwier. I'm one of those collectors who never can let anything go, but that's a dumb attitude if you are not endlessly rich... :broke:

If you buy something like the Triple and it's not your thing, it's best to let it go immediately, you won't loose anything on it, besides shipping costs of course. I definetely want a neutral M2-50 and when I bought the neutral Triple, I had immediately the M2-50 in mind, the Triple could be the joker to trade, I'll see which one I like best and perhaps offer the other one against an M2-50, if I am not lucky enough to get one from the next wave.

I need, must have, can't live without both, flood and throw. As a small lights collector, over 1.000 Lumen out of 2x123 size was a dream until Tom came with these two powermonsters! lovecpf

elho

Enlightened
While I like the summer and always liked late sunset, I currently wonder why? :nana:
I always liked winter more, for being cold and having snow and flashlights just added another reason to it. :D
Doing the beamshots of my direct-drive Moddoo Triple these short summer nights were a real PITA - time flies when fumbling with the exchangeable optics and then desperately trying to properly aim such a flood light (with the frosted optics) at a distant target and before you are done, darkness is gone. :mad:

If you buy something like the Triple and it's not your thing, it's best to let it go immediately
Of course. So let me rephrase: I can not understand how the Moddoo Triple can not be your thing. :D ;)
I admit that I am more into flood, but if it was a mad thrower, I might have never bought it in the first place, but if I did, I am sure I would enjoy it. ;)
And as such I agree with you, that the M2-50 is quite tempting, too. At least if there will be a factory HA or even better complete M2 turnkey option.

As a small lights collector, over 1.000 Lumen out of 2x123 size was a dream until Tom came with these two powermonsters! lovecpf
As a flashlight user, I enjoy this dream even more. Always used my 24W Xenide with its diffuser 90% of the time and now I have about the same amount of light instant on in a conveniently small package. :twothumbs:
The V3 bursts this bubble a bit, 2 cells being much less convenient and the 2x16340 IMR option not being practical (as they are run down way too low before you have a chance to notice), it ends up actually being a larger 2x18500 light.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine today, and i Love it :hitit:
Miss triple first met little twisty, it was a very tight fit. almost to tight. Getting it out without tools was not easy. But it would have worked with a 2x123 body. ( it did work with 1 imr 16340, but miss triple needs more power)
IMG_4615ll.jpg

Then she met mr malkoff md2. They dident quite fit, so I had mr dremel to gently widen the hi/lo ring for it to fit. It worked perfectly, so the next step was to open up the front of the malkoff.
IMG_4612ll.jpg

IMG_4605ll.jpg

Now that they have married (no way back for mr malkoff) i think i want to buy a bigger tube for him:devil: md4. Miss triple would have liked that, she wants those big batteries:devil:

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the wire version is the old one.

I ran it all night in lo mode so it works pretty good. It also heats up very fast on high, so I know that heat transfering is working. It might not be the best host for heat transfering. The malkoff dropins got the led mounted near the rear of the dropin, close to the hi/lo ring. The moddo dropin has the leds mounted further away from the hi/lo ring, so the heat has to travel some mm extra before the hi/lo fransfer it to the head/body. It heats up just as fast in a solarforce host (With a brass shims for perfetc fit), so im not so worried that im going to fry something.

Anyone knows how the thermal protection in the triple works? Does it dim down or shut off ?