Anybody else still use their original 0.9 ver. LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is number 10 and I still use it at work. Yes the beam is blotchy and significantly dimmer then the latest offerings but it is still much brighter than an Arc AAA, runs a long time with the two AA battery pack and has never let me down yet. Peter had offered to replace them with new ones. I imagine that grace period is over but I still haven't forgotten the $30 off of an Arc product so maybe I will finally redeem it with the purchase of an LS4.

Peter, you haven't forgotten about the $30 off an Arc product for us original LS owners have you?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, and the offer still stands. I would of still offered this if you had asked me in email.

Peter

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, I don't want to replace it. After all it was the first Luxeon flashlight anywhere. Plus it's rugged as a tank. Also feels very comfortable to hold with the two AA pack. I am curious though if other's who made the initial purchase still use theirs.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
I still use mine. But I will admit it tends to get put in the storage bag quite often. I kinda want to keep it in good shape as a collectors piece. But I have two of the first runs and the higher number gets used a lot.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Just curious as to the time period these come from, as in 19__ or 200_. Thanks folks. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ver 1.0 that still gets a ton of use. I'm waiting for a long power outage so I can show off this light to my non-flashaholic wife. It's plenty bright on a single AA, and seems to run forever. Yep, this one's a keeper.

newg

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anybody else still use their original 0.9 ver.

I use my 0.9 whenever I need to minimize size and go with the twisty 123 holder. For me, anyway, it is almost the only LS that never fails to activate with that holder, and it has good run time off 123s. And the led is pretty nice, white with a tinge of violet, and quite bright.

$30 coupon still good? Cool...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Though I'm not a "collector"...mine's in "stash status".

I get it out now and then and compare the beam to the other versions I own all the way up to the LSL-P & LSH-P.

Interesting to see the progression the ARC LS has taken. It's special as members here on the CPF were instrumental in it's development as allowed by a special relationship with Peter & Company!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Though I'm not a "collector"...mine's in "stash status".

I get it out now and then and compare the beam to the other versions I own all the way up to the LSL-P & LSH-P.

Interesting to see the progression the ARC LS has taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, Sigman.

And just to think, I remember marvelling at how "bright" the original LS was when I first received it.

Peter...you`ve travelled far, and in an amazingly short period of time. Keep up the good work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Willmore

Enlightened

FAQ for .9 to 1.0 differences somewhere? I have a very old second that might be one.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Hmmm..I know the first ones had the "flat" gold contact (that contacts the positive nib on the battery) on the PCB, whereas versions introduced later on had a "raised" (like a little button) gold contact. My LS1 hybrid has the "raised" gold contact.

We've been through this version question before, there was a chart that I believe Peter (not sure) had posted? Now who wants to find the needle in the haystack?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was in on the first offer to buy the LS. I have first run #200. I still use mine. In fact, I last used it with a twisty pack during a recent power outage. It made a great stand on end area light.

Termac

Newly Enlightened

It was fun to be the first with an LS, but there were a lot of disapointments. The 123 pack never worked for me, as I had problems with making contact at both ends. I liked the 2AA with NiMh, but it crushed the cells. When the Badboys and K1s and McLeo came along, it seemed like it was all over for the 0.9. But there is still one area of greatness. On a single AA, it has no peer.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I don't know how far my prototype version is below 0.9 (maybe it's v0.1), but I still use it on occasion.
I usually have it on the side table, and shine it at my rat cage if I hear a funny noise (usually, the little stinker has nocked over his food dish), but I usually grab something else when I need to plug my wheelchair in or change plugs on it.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

What was the run time with a single AA? Make a difference when using alkaline, NiMH, or Li?

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.