Is there a warm/neutral, floody AA with forward clicky??

MarkW

Newly Enlightened
Looking for ideas from those with more flashlight experience than I have. I have done a fair bit of on-line looking, but maybe I am missing something:

I have a Preon 2 ww and a Quark mini AA neutral. I really like the smooth, floody beam in the Preon but am not a fan of the ergonomics. Ditto the Mini. Between the two, I like the Preon beam better. I wish the Preon (and also the Mini) was fatter in my hand and had a clicky switch with momentary-on.

Would prefer to run eneloop AA and 14500 li-ion, as in the mini, but this is not a deal-breaker. The beam and the momentary clicky are most important.

Is anything like what I want available, now or soon, from any maker?

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts on this!

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
You could get the 4Sevens Quark AA² Tactical R4 and order a spare AA tube with it, which will give you AA form factor, nice floody R4 with neutral white tint and a forward (=momentary) clicky.

If you're not a fan of the tactical UI you could order the regular NW AA² with a separate forward clicky, as the regular comes with a reverse clicky.

That's the beauty of the 4Sevens Quark line, all parts are interchangeable so you can mix and match for your "perfect" light.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
zebralight h501w. is a pure flood light, with no hotspot. also the sc50w. which has a good beam, maybe more similar to the quarks.