I gave away an A2 and got busted by my wife...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A really good friend stopped by last night and we had a few drinks. He is a firefighter and uses Pelicans and Streamlights for work. He is into flashlights so I busted out some of my Surefires to show off, a 12ZM and M3T with a Milky Tower. Needless to say he was impressed. He did not have a "personal" light for camping and the like. I showed him my red A2 and asked him if this would be a good light for his personal needs. Of course he said yes! I sent him home with the A2 and full SC3.

While I was showing off the 12ZM my wife immediately recognized this was a new light! Well not really new but I don't flaunt new aquisitions in front of her. She just rolled her eyes and told my buddy's wife I usually give away lights when I'm buying something new. My next confession was the mudman_CJ MC-E modded KL4 I just bought on the Marketplace. She called me a nerd and that was that. Man I love that woman!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at selling one of my lights to get funds to buy another light.

My wife asked me what I was doing (I was typing up the WTS post for the MP).

When I told her what I was doing:
"Why are you selling stuff? I thought you were collecting lights!"

I still have the light and upgraded the LED in it instead of buying a new light.

Bachac88

Newly Enlightened
SHE busted you for being a nerd? Wow she RECOGNIZED that light was a NEW acquisition. That's nerdy by any means. Ha Ha. To my wife a flashlight is a flashlight is a flashlight, she rolls her eyes when I talk flashlights but doesn't know one from the other.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
She didn't bust you for being a nerd. Come on, that's just silly . . .

She knew you were a nerd when she married you. :thumbsup:

lovenhim

Enlightened
My wife knows that I am enjoying this flashlight stuff and she knows everything I am doing and i talk with her about it. She thinks it is neat and is sharing it with me...though not in to it so much. :)

bestcounsel

Enlightened
nice story....

I gave a buddy of mine a brand new 6PL and a bunch of 123's and a pocket clip/lanyard.

He's been fighting cancer and has 4 daughters and a wife.....he really loved the light and accessories....gave his daughters and wife some 1AA 3 watt led lights too...he and his daughters were thrilled....

Latest posts