New Jetbeam BK135A

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Europe is faster. Again :naughty:

Jetbeam is about to release new flashlight - BK135A. It's a little 1AA torch with I.B.S. system. Some technical info:

- uses Cree XP-G R4
- 1AA Alkaline battery
- brightness range from 2 (for 50 hours) up to 135lm (65 minutes)
- dimensions: 90 x 17 mm
- weight: 27 g (without battery)e
- T6061 aluminium + MIL-SPEC Typ III
- waterproof o IPX-8 standard
- mineral glass lens

Price should be similar to Jet-I.

A few pics:

72943657.jpg

69777852.jpg

40676770.jpg

70742360.jpg

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking model!
But it looks strangely familiar.....

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
like an e3s in Al (except this I.b.s. is continuously variable? vs. two levels). i'm in, i just hope they make a version in natural or black finished body.

and another jetbeam that might actually tailstand, as it looks to have a flat button.

so this will be a european model only?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
phantom, do you know if it's push-button ramping, or twisting the head for brightness?

lightjunction

Newly Enlightened
like an e3s in Al (except this I.b.s. is continuously variable? vs. two levels). i'm in, i just hope they make a version in natural or black finished body.

and another jetbeam that might actually tailstand, as it looks to have a flat button.

so this will be a european model only?

No, it will be in US soon.

Ethan

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Hm, I bet it's nice and floody thanks to the shallow reflector, this could finally be a contender to replace my Jet I Mk IBS..

Does it accept Li-Ion/14500 cells?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Looks interesting. Let's hope:

1. It actually tailstands!
2. They make a run with a neutral or warm XP-G
3. It accepts 14500 cells, with a good increase in output, a la the Jet 1 Pro v.3.
4. It comes with a GOOD detachable pocket clip.

Give me that, and I'm in.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the switch boot! :nana: Would go nicely on some of my other lights. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just the picture angle, but the reflector looks short. Big, fat XP-G beam profile??? I'd like that :sssh:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
And to think I started a thread the other day about Hydrographics on lights and low and behold we have a new lamp with a scheme similar to the end look.

I want and must have one of those just to be different.:hitit:

copperfox

Enlightened
Exept for the color scheme, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Nitecore D10"

It looks interesting for sure, I look forward to a review.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I agree that the first thought to my head was D10. Considering that Nitecore released some splash ano'd D10s, :whistle:.

I hope they release this light with a different finish.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that the first thought to my head was D10. Considering that Nitecore released some splash ano'd D10s, :whistle:.

I hope they release this light with a different finish.

If you are not keen on the finish do not look at the SureFire 30th Anniversary Collector Set, you will hate it:devil: and it is £440

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully it will have a different name other thank BK135A, surely they can come up with something better. It does look just like my camo D10 but hopefully it's easier to use on 14500 than the D10.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
with this u.i. do you hold the button down, or twist to adjust brightness?

If you are not keen on the finish do not look at the SureFire 30th Anniversary Collector Set, you will hate it
no problem there, because s.f. also offers the e1b in black & silver finishes/. anyway ugly i can handle, i just wish it were more professionally executed. this looks sloppy, like a preschool crafts project. so i'm holding out hope the urban trash can finish is exclusive to the euro market, & the u.s. version will be less flamboyant.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any update on this one? i see it for sale on a few more sites, none of which describes exactly how it works, how & what order you cycle through the modes, how many seconds between pushes to cycle etc.

unless it's twist for mode, button for on/off, like their e3s?