Which JetBeam should I get?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Advice request time.

I'm strongly considering getting a JB, because they're available with the Q3 emitters which is my favorite tint, the beamshots I've seen here at CPF indicate they throw very well (which I prefer), and I've read a lot of comments here indicating they're tough as nails. Also the 14500 compatibility is a strong attraction too.

But, I'm not sure which one to get. I will be using it as my primary EDC light, and prefer 1xAA but a 2xAA option would be nice to have too.

I want to be able to have it go from my pocket to the TwoFish block on my bike helmet, or stowed in my messenger bag with the 2xAA format for more run-time/power when needed, for camping trips and the like with the family.

I'd also like a red-filter accessory for backyard astronomy with our 12" Dob reflector, if there's one available for the JB's. I've seen them on some seller's sites, but can't seem to find one now.

Finally, I'd like to keep it all around $100 if possible. I can go more if needed, but the closer I can stay to that, the better.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

B0wz3r.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Jet 1 Pro v3 is available with the Q3. The light has a slightly ringy beam, even with the OP reflector, but the rings are unnoticeable at any distance in outdoor usage, and it throws very wel. As you probably know, the output will significantly increase on a 14500.

There is 2 x AA verion of this light, but I don't know if you can order a 2 x AA tube separately. I think the 2 x AA uses the same head as the 1 x AA, and basically gives the same brightness levels, with increased runtime. But that's just a guess.

The red filter is easy. The Jet 1 Pro v3 will take the SureFire E-series filters, So you can get a red one. You can also get the F04 diffuser, and get a nice floody beam from your Jet.

Don't know how it would fit in the TwoFish blocks, but I think it would work.
(I've got a set of those, I should try it.)

You can get the Jet 1 and the SureFire filters for well under $100 total.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just going to back up everything BigBluefish and add the AAx2 model is the Jet-I Pro EX. Unlike the standard version I have not seen the EX with the Q3 emitter and I don't believe I have ever seen the AAx2 tube available as a option to buy. You may want to ask a couple dealers and see what your options are if any or you may either have to get the EX model with the R2 or the single AA model with the Q3.

It's a great light I can't say enough good things about it and really I can't think of one negative thing.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware there was a 2xAA version available... guess I should check JetBeam's website... duh! :p

I'll start contacting some dealers... I'm thinking Going Gear and Light Junction as I've had good luck with them before, and 4Sevens doesn't carry JBs.

BarryG

Enlightened
Both of my Jetbeams have come from Bugoutgearusa.com. I've had great service from them. Enter "cpfjet" for discount.
Jet-1 Pro V.3 (1xAA) for $56
Jet-1 Pro ex v2 2xAA) for $57.60

Barry

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of my Jetbeams have come from Bugoutgearusa.com. I've had great service from them. Enter "cpfjet" for discount.
Jet-1 Pro V.3 (1xAA) for $56
Jet-1 Pro ex v2 2xAA) for $57.60 Barry

I went with the Jet 1 V.3. Had to return the tailcap for a switch a couple weeks ago, still waiting for a replacement from BOG.

I liked the Jet 1 and the reviews here are accurate.

Unfortunately my experience thus far has only yeilded an otherwise useless $54 paperweight.:mad:

DeadButAlive

Newly Enlightened
I have both the 1xAA Jet-I Pro V3 and the 2xAA Jet-I Pro EX v3 with neutral Q3 emitters. I got the 2xAA neutral from GoingGear (ggcpf10 discount)and the 1xAA from BugOutGearUsa (cpfjet discount) - both great dealers and easy to work with. The heads on the two lights are interchangeable and there is a slight difference in tint between the two (hello Cree lottery) so I can pick which light for which purpose. I've got one setup with a SMO reflector for throw (and these little Jetbeams will throw!) and the other one with an OP reflector for more spill.

The 1xAA came with the SMO reflector and the 2xAA came with the OP reflector, so I bought a bezel tool and started switching stuff around. The beam of the 1xAA w/ the SMO was very ringy so I swapped the OP reflector into that one and it smoothed out nicely. The SMO went into the 2xAA which has a less ringy beam profile with the SMO reflector so it stays there. So now I have a throw head and a head with more spill and I swap each onto whatever body I want to use at the time. I haven't seen anybody selling just the body tube for the 2xAA Jet-I Pro EX v3 so I don't know if you can get it by itself, but they do lego.

I really like my Jetbeams, they are great throwers on AA, have a solid feel, and the 1xAA model is just as bright as the 2xAA when run on a 14500 (maybe a tad brighter). In your Jetbeam hunting keep in mind that they don't come with holsters or bezel tools so you'll have to purchase those seperately if you want them. (BTW - Jetbeam holsters are excellent quality IMHO, but I don't think they make one for the 2xAA light).

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
nobodies mentioned the RRT-0 which uses cr123, but with extender, it can use AA or 14500.

a newly released version of the RRT-0 with R5. also, they have Q3 versions.

i already have a RRT-0 R2, and really like it alot, except for the rings in the beam. after my next payday, im going to order the RRT-0 Q3.