Will (or can) HDS Systems fix my Twisty? Again?

Matt7337

Enlightened
My RA-Twisty 85-Tr is playing up again. It's already been back to Henry once to have the "incorrect degrees of rotation between modes" problem fixed, and if I'm totally honest, only came back just a little better than it left. It wasn't 100% even between the modes, and I can't remember how good, bad or indifferent it was before and after it was returned at that time. What I do know is that now, after sitting in my drawer for a month or two (without a battery in it), I can no longer select the medium mode on the light. It's got 95 degrees of rotation on red low, about half a degree (unselectable) on medium and the rest on high. What this means is that the light can be used for low and high, but as the high mode has a significantly reduced runtime compared to medium, I can't carry it as I wouldn't get a decent day or nights use from it just on high.

Now, I know and understand that a lot of people have had this problem with the Twistys in the past, and I know and commend the fact that Henry has fixed any that have been sent back free of charge for his customers - but what I'd like to know is whether this problem is still rearing its head on other peoples RA Twistys. Can it be fixed properly and not cause any further hassle? Are there any Twistys that this has never happened to or is it just by design and destined to happen to each one at one time or another?

Finally, will they fix mine for the second time? Have any of you sent your RA lights back twice because of re-occurring problems? I just want my Twisty working properly again, but it does take a long time to send it off to them and get it back again. Well, it did the last time anyway. Something like a month I think :(

nbp

Flashaholic
Contact customer service. They can't help you if you don't talk to them. Again. That's exactly what Henry will post here in this thread if he finds it.