Anyone seen Inception yet? I did...

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
I just saw Inception last night. This is not a review, just a note saying if you were questioning watching it don't. It is very impressive, one of the best movies i have seen in a very long time. There are some confusing points no doubt so lets discuss it perhaps? :whistle:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
similar in nature to shutter island (same director)- still does not come close to the double dream sequence in American Werewolf in London or Jacobs Ladder on the trippy meter.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a few of those. Some of those look like they may be a little too trippy for me. :shrug:

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Saw it Friday night and it's a pretty incredible film. I liked it quite a bit more than Shutter Island which was not bad on its own.

sappyg

Enlightened
similar in nature to shutter island (same director)- still does not come close to the double dream sequence in American Werewolf in London or Jacobs Ladder on the trippy meter.

i've seen these.... looking forward to inception. it looks like a movie that you need to watch several times.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
i've seen these.... looking forward to inception. it looks like a movie that you need to watch several times.

:naughty: It is. And, one that you want to watch several times. I could see in theatres again definitely.

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some confusing points no doubt

Director Chris Nolan has a habit of doing this, and in many of his films I find it totally annoying. I was totally un-amazed with his last two Batman films along with the 'Prestige'.

However, all my friends are telling me 'Inception' is a step up, and to be honest, I really like Dicaprio (thank god Christian Bale wasn't chosen for the role or I'd skip it), so I should be seeing it this week.

A return to smart blockbuster films. About time.

FYI - Shutter Island was directed by Martin Scorsese, not Chris Nolan.

Last edited:

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
i just saw it tonight and was very impressed with it.
though through the entire thing it felt like they were taking from ghost in the shell.

m16a

Enlightened
Inception was mind blowingly amazing imho. I loved it. 2 hours into the movie I began to think I had set my expectations too high from the hyped reviews I heard. Then the last 15-20 minutes came along, and my jaw just kept dropping. It truly lives up to the hype. :party:

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
I saw Inception today with my mom and friend. We all three liked it. It is without a doubt the oddest movie I have seen. I was impressed with how the story held together despite the odd concept. However, I would have like the ending to be more definitive. For those that have seen it, I think you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
Blaster, I have to admit I do like both of his batman films and the prestige. While I didn't think they were as amazing as everyone else, I still thought they were pretty great. I was getting a little tired of Christian Bale's growl in the latest batman film though.

However, inception imho is definitely smarter, better, faster than the other films. I'd give it a shot in theatres. It has a lot going for it. I'm kind of thinking I should of dropped the extra 3 dollars to catch the imax now.

Fizz, I've only caught scattered pieces of ghost so I can't really comment there. I've heard it's pretty cool, I think I should check it out.

m16, I agree walking in I was all hyped up thinking man I hope this isn't a let down. I've been waiting on this movie for several months, I would have been really disappointed if it didn't live up to the hype.

Last edited:

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
ghost in the shell really needs to be read in the comic book/manga/whatever they're calling it nowadays. the movie is like an imdb summary and is more like select scenes from the book than a coherent story. and i don't mean to rag on the movie at all, but you can't really put the story in there without making it 20 hours long.

though the more i think about it, inception took one part of ghost and really fleshed it out and played with the concepts. and did it very well.

Vesper

Enlightened
I haven't seen it yet, but I about fell off my chair when I looked at in on IMDB and saw it had a rating of 9.4 with 20,000 votes in. Usually by that many votes new movies tend to settle and balance down. Not this one I guess. Looks like a must-see.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
No kidding Vesper. Surely it will settle down some maybe. I mean it was an incredible movie. One of the best I've ever seen, but i'm pretty sure that is the highest rating of any movie with that many votes on imdb right now.

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Interesting comment on GITS, I see similarities in many movies & stories to Ghost in the Shell but Inception didn't really pull on it that much IMO.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me I need to get around to watching GITS one of these days. Been a little wary since I might end up watching all five series/movies.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just left the theatre. It was very good & like someone else has stated, I am surprised the director was able to keep the *plot* together. I will see it again but it did not give me a sense of bewilderment, like say, 12 Monkeys( a good movie, I might add). Right at the start I thought, "Someone's dreaming?":D

Very good movie.

----//-------
O.T.

Did anyone see the preview for M. Night Shallaman's new film "Devil"? While watching the preview I kept thinking " if a flashaholic was in the elevator the movie would last 15min!". :)

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone see the preview for M. Night Shallaman's new film "Devil"? While watching the preview I kept thinking " if a flashaholic was in the elevator the movie would last 15min!". :)

I did see that trailer, and thought about that since I had a light in my pocket. Then I stayed at a hotel in Plano, TX this weekend and there elevator was kinda acting weird. creeped me out haha.