Nitecore SR3 Extension Tube Dimensions

Matt7337

Enlightened
As the title states, I'm asking about the dimensions of the Nitecore SR3 18650 extension tube. What I would really appreciate from someone who owns one of these very rare accessories is a full set of dimensions - diameter, length, thread length etc etc. Once I get some other SolidWorks stuff cleared up, I plan on putting some time in over the next few weeks designing my own extension tube for the light and intend to have it machined locally.

Please note that I do not intend on just cloning the Nitecore extension tube, I am designing my own but require the measurments so that I can design it to fit properly.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt.

ptolemy

Enlightened
i dont have it, but awesome idea. i seen the pictures though, it's kinda bland :(

maybe you can make it sing! :)

ASheep

Enlightened
Great Idea, once I get some stuff cleared up I'm going to start machining my own version of the 18650 tube. You can get all the thread dimensions from the tailcap and head of the SR3 itself, and I'm going to work out the length of the tube once my new 18650s arrive. External diameter and knurling patterns etc I will make what I feel comfortable, probably just a straight tube with 3 or 4 strips of knurling on the surface.
Good luck with your endeavour Matt7337.

lyyyghtmaster

Newly Enlightened
Right now the lack of 18650 support is probably the only thing keeping me from buying one of these lights, preflash and all. If either of you is successful creating an extension tube, I bet there would be MANY others who would like one as well. Could a group buy possibly be set up?

Mike

adnj

Enlightened
Thread size is given by the existing tube. For length, add the delta between the CR123 and the 18650. That's what I did when I was going to have one machined.

lyyyghtmaster

Newly Enlightened
That makes sense. How much did it cost to have this part machined? I presume it would still be a bunch cheaper than just buying a Darktort for the body/tailcap? (Make that light into the CR123 light, so there!:naughty:)

adnj

Enlightened
There were some guys that were going to do it for free... Then I would have had to anodize it, etc. I figured it was smarter to just get the Maelstrom. That was a year ago. :whistle:

... I just got the Maelstrom today.