Updated Led Lenser switch?

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
I was at work the other day and we just got in a new run of Led Lenser P7's and I noticed that it had a rubber faced switch similar to that of their MT7 model but just recessed deeper so that it sits semi flush with the p7's base.

In my opinion it is easier to use then their older metal switches but I find that the rubber switches are just too soft to the touch, similar to that of squishing a marshmellow in-between your fingers... not that i don't like marshmellows that is :whistle:.

tlam

Newly Enlightened
I know this post is old, but I recently ordered an led lenser P7 from amazon, since I really enjoyed the led lenser light I bought previously from sears. It is very bright, the focus / optics are nice. However I was a bit confused because I saw the tail switch is rubber, and when I disassembled it I saw that the components of the battery harness were of pcb or circuit board material, instead of the older models "gold plated" contacts. This was only the internal contacts for the batteries themselves, the external contacts on the battery harness that contact the led assembly are still gold plated. So I'm asking here for any other owners of a recently purchased P7 to take a look at the internals and see if theirs are the same.

I visited http://www.zweibrueder.com/ to see if I could determine anything further, and saw a message regarding many consumers receiving counterfeit lights. I've messaged them about the specifics but haven't received a response yet. Other than the tail switch and battery harness, my P7 appears to be legitimate. I wonder if the change in production materials could have anything to do with leatherman recently acquiring Led Lenser? Like to hear some thoughts from you guys. Just to clarify I'm not trying to disparage Led Lenser, I really enjoy their lights, the best I've used, just trying to get some clarification. ( All the reviews I've seen of previous generation P7's clearly show different internal components )

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you buy direct from Amazon, or from an Amazon seller? If it was direct from Amazon, there shouldn't be a problem. Do note that the original "LED Lenser" may be a little different from the "Coast LED Lenser" in the US.