Light-emitting bridge uses LEDs

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
Cool! I'm afraid some other countries have always been a little ahead of the U.S. on projects such as Rijeka's bridge when it comes to innovative uses of technology and a sense of style. That opinion has been evolved over the past 15 years as I've become somewhat of a world traveler. Yes, still an opinion.

I'm sure that bridge is a sign of things to come world-wide in respect to monuments and architectural engineering.

Thanks for the post Norm!

lightnix

Enlightened
Fantastic, but maybe a shame they didn't take the chance to use the colour changing linearlights, that could have been truly amazing.

I think that architecture is one area where LED lighting has a real contribution to make in changing the face of our often drab cities. The longevity of LED sources means that (if used for 8 hours in every 24) an installation could run for over 30 years before the bulbs needed changing. Some buildings don't even last that long.

The creative possibilities are endless, with colour changers a whole range of looks could be designed to vary with the time of night, the seasons, even with the weather. The whole look of a building could change with the wind !

Also, I believe that architectural LED lighting could do a lot to combat the problem of light pollution. By building LED lights into buildings where they can best be used, rather than just laying out a whole series of floods pointing upwards, we could have beautifully lit buildings and lovely dark skies.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this kind of thing. Please keep posts like this coming if you see anything of interest.

Apart from that

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder when they will come out with LED flooring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
INRETECH said:
Gee, I thought a LED Bridge would just be 4 diodes that turn AC to DC !

[/ QUOTE ]
My dentist likes to try new things - maybe he could install a LED bridge in my mouth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif