You have 5 seconds to decide ??

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scenario for you:-

As collectors and users many members have dozens of lights,some like me around the 30-40 mark.Mine are mostly on a little display stand plus a few are nearly all in one place.

Forget about what you have on your person or key chains etc,you need to grab just one light in a hurry, within 5 seconds what would it be not knowing what the crisis could be and how long you are out.

Mine would be the Fenix EO1.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2A... that is what popped into my mind... 2 batteries and multiple levels gives me the most options. Now I might change my tune if you tell me that I can bring another battery or 2; then I would have to bring my HDS Clicky 170.

BarryG

Enlightened
I would probably grab my Quark 123x2. I think Moon mode lasts for 30 days?

Barry

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is where a 3 or 4 D-Cell light with multiple levels would come in nice... this dovetails perfectly with another thread that is active right now.

knightrider

Enlightened
Surefire E2L. Really long runtime on low and pretty bright high mode. Either the CR123A E2L or the new one I got - E2L-AA that runs on 2 AAs.

Batou00159

Enlightened
my olight m20 r5 coz its holster always has 2 AW2600 mah waterproof'd and stowed in it

so decent lumins many hours perfect.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra/HDS Clicky (need to get a Twisty model). My keychain has a muyshondt mako so backup covered.

Now if for some reason my Ra clicky came up missing (in those 5sec.) then it would be my Ti-Pd-S mizer w/o any hesitation.:)

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
I didn't even have to finish reading the question. If I had five seconds to decide, the answer would be the Ra Clicky. Simple as that. Now, having finished reading the question after having made my choice, I see nothing to change my mind.

The reason the Ra answers the question sight unseen is (1) it is more reliable than the sun coming up tomorrow, and (2) it is more versatile than a SEAL team. I will venture to say that none of the others mentioned, or that WILL be mentioned, can say that in all honesty. I could spout details, but they are not really needed. Those two simple but far-reaching qualities say it all.

1anrm

Enlightened
Quark AA regular :) 30 days moonlight! yeah baby and all the modes to all purposes plus all readily available AAs.