I may cry...

Matt7337

Enlightened
I've just seen a bunch of friends out after a great night of poker and gone to gather up all my bits and pieces and clean up the room, and realized that I am missing something - my Ti Ra Clicky 170 Tac, #10019. I actually feel sick right now. I am 99% sure that I left it at the chinese take away we went to earlier this evening. I just don't know what I was thinking about. I took it out of my pocket to get change out, but must not have clipped it back onto my belt after I had paid. I am going to call the restaurant first thing in the morning and every hour after that if I don't get through the first time, but I'm not really hopeful that it'll be there. I'm thinking the next customer to walk in the door will have seen this shiny metal cylinder and picked it up and pocketed it. I pray to all that I believe in that this isn't true. I can't even describe how angry I will be with myself if I don't get it back :( :shakehead

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
That is a disaster! :(

Search high and low, and call the restaurant, and also call your buddies, maybe someone saw it around the house somewhere and set it down elsewhere.

Posting the SN here was a good idea, at least we can all look for it to pop up on eBay or in the MP if it's found and they try to sell it.

Sorry brother. ;(

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also check the car, especially along the side of the car seats!

Been there, it's the worst feeling in the world!

Hope it works out for you !!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn that sucks sorry man, their are still some honest people left in this world so maybe the next customer did turn it into the restaurant and hopefully they are honest as well. Even thought you seem sure you left it there double and triple check every other possibility, but it's a Ti Ra so I'm sure you'll do everything possible.

tygger

Enlightened
Hopefully your story ends well. But I feel your pain. Last year I lost my original McGizmo Sapphire and last month lost a great (expensive) pair of sunglasses. :shakehead Your story has me thinking maybe pocket lanyards are a good idea after all.

Barbarian

Enlightened
Go back to the place tonight and search the parking lot.

Call them first thing tomorrow and offer a reward for the return of the light.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Yeah I've pretty much turned the house upside down at this point, it's definately not here. Checked the parking lot as well, and also had a look through the shutters of the place both in darkness (the lights standby beacon is on) and also with my SR3 shining through. No sign of it where I think I left it, but as you've said, hopefully someone will have turned it in.

I really don't believe anyone locally will have a clue what it's worth. I also don't think they'll know how to get it past low mode. I have it set: moon mode >medium ~80lm>120lm and the click hold for max.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be lucky with a customer handing it in to the restaurant management.

The frusting part, I would imagine is the fact that if someone did take it, they would never in a million years know what they have got or how to use it.:shakehead

And it's not like the light is easily replaceable.:(
I feel for you brother, I'm sure all here will keep an eye out for that S/N in the for sale sections.

Good luck and I truely hope you get her back....

James....

derangboy

Enlightened
I have posted found items on craigslist when I can't find a good place to leave something I have found. It seems to have worked thus far.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've taken to putting little labels on my batteries with my name, email and phone -- figuring that adds some chance someone will return a found light.

It's the cheap equivalent of "StuffBak" --which still looks like a good idea:
http://www.stuffbak.com/sb/default.aspx

Haven't lost a light since I started checking my lights to see if they had a label in them -- doing that maybe makes me more aware of where the light is.

I've also taken to putting loops of keyring wire or lanyard, along with clips and glow-in-the-dark keyfobs, on the lights I really don't want to lose -- so I put the loop/lanyard around my fingers when I have the light in my hand. That _has_ worked several times when for some reason I'd have dropped the light.

TwitchALot

Enlightened
Thanks for making the rest of us cry too. :( Hope things work out and you find it. :grouphug:

BarryG

Enlightened
Any updates?
I think I speak for everyone in saying that we hope you get your light back.

Barry

Cole07

Enlightened
Speaking of which, I almost lost my iTP A3 last night in a retaurant, or I thought I lost it there. But luckily I found it below the seat in the car. I know the feeling you must have but your is much worse because of how much you spent and how near and dear an Ra must be to a person. Hope get it back. Good luck.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
You never know...I left a Rolex in a restroom at a construction site, got it, freaked out, but got it!

Left my Louis Vuitton wallet on a bench in the teen-filled South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA. About an hour after leaving, a man called my cell, and said he had my wallet, and I had $1,000 in it. Drove back, and offered to give the man whatever he waned just for being so nice. He would not take a thing. All the money and ID was in there.

I have always turned in things I have found.

Hope you get it back.

Why not put a reward note up at the establishment, and make it no questions asked. Someone may call you.

To most people it will be a little flashlight, and will not have a great reason to hold on to it.

Good luck, and hope it comes back.

Almost forgot another one...Years ago while working on assignments, on two different occasions, I left my camera bag filled with professional Nikon gear behind, tens of thousands of dollars of my own gear. Got the bag back both times.

Man, until your post, I did not realize how stupid I have been.

Here is one from Ireland...Dublin, 2003 this time my wife. On the bus going back to the Four Seasons Hotel she yelled, "My Bag!" Then, jumped off the bus as it was rolling, I just watched her disappear running away thru the back window. Heard a local woman mutter crazy American.

She left her purse at the counter where she bought a soda, and of course her passport (not mine) was in there with the large tourist money, and credit cards.

The clerk, nice girl, just put under the counter, and waited for to return. She also declined the reward.

The worst was when I had to get off the McCain campaign plane and run back to the motorcade for my sunglasses. I was picked on for quite a while for that.

Now I feel like I need help, are there pills for this?

I have not lost a light yet, but I know it will happen, if I get back will be the question.

Last edited: