AW 2600mAh in Thrunite Catapult V2?

didi

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody!

Long-time lurker, finally registered.

Did a bit of digging around, but couldn't find a straight up answer regarding the Thrunite Cata V2... I don't have the flashlight just yet but should be ordering soon.

Would AW 2600mAh (no top button) batteries work in this flashlight? Would these batts be considered good. I also have UltraFires 2600 xls lying around (recently purchased a WF-139 charger) and wondering about their effectiveness in a flashlight such as the V2.

Any comments, suggestions very much appreciated.

Cheerio!

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Yes they will work fine.
About the AWs, get them. I tested my Catapult V1 with Trustfires 2500mAh and the runtime was around 45 minutes. They can't withstand the higher current draw from Catapult.

When I tested my AW 2600mAh batteries, they gave me 90 minutes of runtime, twice longer than Trustfire.

didi

Newly Enlightened
Great!!

Thank you very much for your input! I'm looking forward to getting the Catapult more and more now. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to find a place to buy the AW batteries for a reasonable price and will ship to Canada. :duh2:

Cheers!

didi

Newly Enlightened
What about www.4sevens.com with the CPF8 discount code?

In fact, here you go...
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=1782

Free worldwide shipping too!

Good luck.

Sweet! Thanks very much for your time and effort to provide a direct link! I'll certainly be ordering these pronto.

@Igor, thanks for your input on battery run-time. Interesting and informative comparison of the two different battery brands. Wonder why the discrepancy, quite measurable at that!

Thanks to everyone for the help.