Solarforce L2R arrived, interesting discovery

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a solarforce L2R today and it seems quite nice, amazing more than worth the 10 bucks I paid for it.

I also discovered that the bezel from my skyray sr5 screws in perfectly on top of the L2R so I'm guessing the flat stainless steel bezel available for the L2 series should fit the skyray. I ordered one when I ordered the L2R, but haven't received it yet.

I'm thinking this may make a lot of people happy, because the crenellated bezel is a common complaint about the light. If it does indeed fit I am defintiely buying a second one for my skyray.

I'll check back in when it comes in the mail.

Edit: I may have jumped the gun, the bezel from the solarforce doesn't fit the skyray nearly as well, but we'll see.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the flat bezel and unfortunately it doesn't fit, so close though.

:mecry:

pae77

Enlightened
I also got one of those L2R's for the amazing price of $9.85 shipped. I got the gray one which is actually a beautiful silver color that looks and feels like stainless steel or even titanium. I really like the look and feel of this light. I can't believe how nice it is considering the low price. I'm also very glad to have a way of using my supply of AA Eneloops with my low voltage P60 drop ins. Well worth the $10 investment.

I'm also planning on using this L2R with the Solarforce camping lantern attachment. Should be very useful for room lighting with AA's in power outage situations.