• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 5x Cree Mag 2C

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always wanted to put one of those 5xCree modules into mag 2C.
I did manage to get it done, but it turns out harder than I thought.

Perhaps, that's why you don't see this often? It looks about 2x as bright as the two XPG R5/1.6Amp Mag 2C I sold here a short while ago. There are some "wrinkles" on the outer top edge of the reflectors, but tucked under the mag bezel if you look at the light face on & doesn't affect the beam as it's hidden. This was due to grinding of the module from outside to fit mag head but didn't "break the skin".

Price is $79,
add $10 for Shipping & PP Fee. USA Only. Batteries not included.

Spec:

• Brand New Mag 2C in Titanium Grey/Gun Metal color
  • 5xCree Module driven by 15W 5xCree driver
  • 5 Modes, Hi, Med, Low plus fast/slow strobes.
  • Powered by 2x Li-ion.
  • Grind down the rim to fit mag head
  • Cut the module in half to clear the Mag C tube
  • Hi = 800mA per LED or 15-16W total power
  • Estimated around ~800-1000 led lumens
  • Perfectly shaped, small & round hot spot
  • This will blow away the new Malkoff XPG drop-in
  • This light will out throws P7/MCE/XPG R5 type mag mods.
  • will give you 2-3 hour Run time depends on what Li-ion you use.
  • the 5xCree are nice snow white tint, in perfect alignment,producing a surpricingly nice hot spot that's flowless.
I left the battery tube stock, but there are many ways to run 2xLi-ion in a Mag 2C, the light will Run on:

• 2x18500 protected Li-ion with the a DIY battery sleeve
  • 2x18650 protected Li-ion with download's Mag Ring (to extend the mag a few mm longer) & recessed spring mod
  • 2x18650 IMR 18650 with recessed spring mod, no need for the mag ring
  • 2x18650 unprotected li-ion with recessed spring mod
  • 2x DX 25500 C-lion, unprotected version (The protected one is too long)
  • 2xAW IMR 26500 if bore out the battery tube to 26 mm
  • 2x DX 25500 C-lion, protected version (If you use an AW C-lion 10mm extender)

img4171a.jpg

img5000.jpg

img2544.jpg

Last edited:

aurum

Enlightened
Re: FS: 5x Cree Mag 2C

The beamshot is definitely not made with this light ... I own the same module and there are imperfections in the spill which I can't see here. Looks like a single LED flashlight.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The beamshot is definitely not made with this light ... I own the same module and there are imperfections in the spill which I can't see here. Looks like a single LED flashlight.

Aurum, read this link below & tell me why would I be lying about 5xCree module beam photos in a Modding (not FS)post here?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237067

This is the module, I took it out of the WF-500 & put into the Mag C.

The beam shot is indeed from this 5xCree module. The Spill is Flower shaped in person when you view it in person in a wider view & see the edges of the spill.

However, this shot is taken closer with exposure to the very intense
hot spot & edge of the spill is out side the frame.

Photos doesn't perceive the depth that a human eye could, so
a beam shot that's perfect on photo may have subtle layers in person.
I assume most people on CPF would understand that.

I am disappointed that you would make such statement (that this beam shot couldn't possibly come from this 5 cree module) based on your perception.

Your observation in person is correct, but your statement is neither fact nor truth.
This beam shot is from this module, that's a fact.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

There, I Cropped your 5xCree Photo:
Now do you see what I meant by Flower pattern out side the frame in my photo? MY hot spot beam looks just like this, except I don't have the ring. Plus, one of your cree looks like to have a cooler tint than the rest,
causing your module to have a cooler center shows the center square more obvious than mine.

I've had other 5xcree modules, they don't always have the same spot, some has rings & some doesn't,
very subtle focus difference during assembly could make a huge difference in spot definition.
Mine doesn't have the ring, it's a very clear & sharp hot spot & all 5 crees have exact same tint.

Perhaps, the buyer can chime in after he gets the light?

Not that I was intentionally misleading people, my original photo wasn't cropped & I wasn't doing a FS thread when I took the photo. Just that that's the location I take my beam shots & limited by the distance, the flower pattern was out side the frame.

Like I said, it's not your observations I am talking about, it's your "conclusions" that need to be more careful.
Everyone makes correct "observations", but not everyone makes the correct "conclusions".
Just because your 5xCree photo doesn't look like mine does not equal to my photo couldn't possibly be from a 5xcRee module.

5cree.jpg

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

The beamshot is definitely not made with this light ... .

ma sha 1 mods and sells a lot of lights here, he has a great reputation.

your accusation is ugly .:thumbsdow

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waddup, thanks for coming to my defense, I appreciate your vote of confidence!
I have no hard feelings towards Aurum. I do understand where he is coming from,
with what he has & what he saw, it's not unreasonable to make such connections.

Let's all get better together at navigating the differences between evidence vs. facts.

peacesymbol1o.jpg

Last edited:

www14344

Newly Enlightened

ma sha 1 mods and sells a lot of lights here, he has a great reputation.

your accusation is ugly .:thumbsdow

Im a lurker in this forum. I am always checking in this ForSale sub-forum waiting for ma sha's stuff sale. Because i know its worth it. And he have a good rep. on flashlight modding.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
ma_sha1, do you remember which drop in it was from DX, there are several versions with different emitters, I was impressed with yours and would like to do a similar mod with the same version.

www14344

Newly Enlightened
I got the flashlight last sunday (i missed it on sat.)

For the picture, ill try to get one tonight if im not busy.

To give you hint, As ma_sha said its has a CIRCLE hotspot and not square center spot (as per you photo shown). You are correct about the outside flower pattern.

So .... It has a outside flower pattern with Circle center spot/hotspot .

ma_sha , what's the operating voltage on these flashlight? Max and min volt. ? cause im planning to use 3 X 123's. I have 2 x 18500 but dont have the sleeve yet.

thnx

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the flashlight last sunday (i missed it on sat.)

ma_sha , what's the operating voltage on these flashlight? Max and min volt. ? cause im planning to use 3 X 123's. I have 2 x 18500 but dont have the sleeve yet.

thnx

Glad it got there safe.

From the voltage angle, 3x123 should be fine, because under load, 3x123 will be LOWER volt
than 2x18500 Li-ion. As a result, 3x123 is less bright.

Aurum is right about Max spec V=8.4V. But remember, 3x123 will be closer to 7V under load, not close to 9A.

However, you should measure the current if you run 3x123.
With two Li-ion, it pulls 1.8-2 Amp, make sure that the Amp pull is not over the 123 spec.

Last edited:

www14344

Newly Enlightened
Great to hear :thumbsup: Vmax is 8.4 or 12.6V depending on the driver (I think it's 8.4V in this case)...
Thnx aurum

Glad it got there safe.

With two Li-ion, it pulls 1.8-2 Amp, make sure that the Amp pull is not over the 123 spec.

yes sir. I use it already that day i recieve it . Since there's no sleeve yet, i just wrap it with some laminate plastic temporarily :devil:

Tommorow im going to home depot and will look for some pvc pipe that will fit into it. Any idea fellas ?

As for the current pull, ill keep that in mind. ty

junglewarrior

Newly Enlightened
Hi www14344,

Looks like you got a great light there!

Can you post some outdoor beamshots?

I ordered this module a week or so ago and cant wait to get it in my mag!!! I'd love to see what it can do...

Cheers
MP