LED Lenser P14 or Fenix TK11 ?

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I wonder which flashlight has longer beam range ?
Actually I don`t like very much the CR123 batteries of the Fenix. Is there any flashlight up to 4 x AA batteries (or similar size) with longer beam range than P14 ?

Thank you in advance

Greetings !

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
The P14 has tons of throw and can have a really wide beam too thanks to its optics; not to sure about the TK11 though.

AmperSand

Enlightened
Led Lenser M14 will fit that description. I would get the M14 over the P14 due to the fact it has a constant current driver.

Check out http://www.m-series.com.au/ for a bit of info in it, and how to use it.
Beam range on the M14 is better due to the wider optic from what I can tell.

I have a P14 and it throws very well. Been thinking about getting the M14 just to compare it.

I have an M5 on the way to play with and compare to some of my other single CR123A and AA torches. Also looking at getting the M1 to compare with also.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
I would grab the TK11, it's more study and smaller, i just sold my P14.

The P14 has longer beam range, and the TK11 has more a combination of Throw and flood. For 8 AA's, buy the Fenix TK40, it has about the same beam range, if not longer and got nice flood too :)

Last edited:

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
Led Lenser M14 will fit that description. I would get the M14 over the P14 due to the fact it has a constant current driver.

Check out http://www.m-series.com.au/ for a bit of info in it, and how to use it.
Beam range on the M14 is better due to the wider optic from what I can tell.

I have a P14 and it throws very well. Been thinking about getting the M14 just to compare it.

Hi AmperSand - can you tell me what are the main differences between P14 and M14 ?

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Hi AmperSand - can you tell me what are the main differences between P14 and M14 ?
. Aside from being brighter the latter is programmable and has a strobe, signal and sos features. The M14 beats the TK11 hands down in throw and even my M7 w/c uses only 4 triple As overtakes the Tiablo A9 (w/0 aspheric).

Jannis

Newly Enlightened
Hi, for throw led lenser p14 is great it outthrows my lumapower mrv q5 and that is a real thrower, and has more than twise the lux of the tk11. the low is also lower than the fenix. The wariabel focus works great.
TK 11 is much smaller, wery solid an also wery bright. so it depends what the use is. get both!! :)

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
Is there someone that have compared the beam throw of the P14 and M14 ?

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,

please tell me which kind of AA batteries is better for my new P14 -
alkaline or rechargeable (NiMH) ?

Greetings :thumbsup:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Is there someone that have compared the beam throw of the P14 and M14 ?
Infoseeker told me the M14 is definitely brighter and throws farther than the P14. He has plenty of LL lights btw. In fact I bought my M7 from him. Also bought a P7 just this week for a friend of mine who lives far from the city and so I was able to compare the M7 and the P7. There is no comparison really. The M7 trounces the P7 in throw/brightness. The M7 is 1 hell of a thrower it even overtakes my nephew's Lumapower Mini VX w/ turbo head a bit (it arrived yesterday and it's w/ me right now) and the Skyline1 (w/c I returned to the seller for a refund due to scratches and dings when it arrived). I know some people here don't like LLs but I have already pitted it against decent throwers (and please consider the size of the M7) and this "dude" is like Manny the Pacman Pacquiao who beats much bigger guys than him. I use Energizer Advance but I'm gonna buy Sanyo Eneloops for it because this what a myriad of forumers recommend. Good evening.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
No because alkalines don't like heavy loads, voltage drops very quickly.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are much more expensive than alkalines and have just slightly more capacity than Ni-MH. If you use your flashlight quite often buy some Ni-MHs (if you'll br charging them at least once a month I recommend Sanyo 2700 instead of Eneloops) and charger.

boboweb

Newly Enlightened
Is there someone that already have compared the beam throw of the LED Lenser P14 and M14 ?