Quark AA2 Tactical

aL01

Newly Enlightened
I got the eneloops to replace my Duracell's, and I was wondering...

After awhile my Quark gets real dim, how dim you might wonder, dim enough to require a battery change...so I measured the voltage on a multimeter, and the eneloops readout at 1.13volts-

Shouldn't 1.13volts supply enough amps to maintain the quality and quantity of the beam as freshly charged eneloops, which I measured at 1.33volts after sitting in a drawer for about a week?

Does this sound ok?

Bad batterie(s)/charger? Bad flashlight?

Thanks!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the eneloops to replace my Duracell's, and I was wondering...

After awhile my Quark gets real dim, how dim you might wonder, dim enough to require a battery change...so I measured the voltage on a multimeter, and the eneloops readout at 1.13volts-

Shouldn't 1.13volts supply enough amps to maintain the quality and quantity of the beam as freshly charged eneloops, which I measured at 1.33volts after sitting in a drawer for about a week?

Does this sound ok?

Bad batterie(s)/charger? Bad flashlight?

Thanks!

Actually, sounds about right to me. You don't want to deep discharge nimh past 1.0V anyway.

red02

Enlightened
Actually, sounds about right to me. You don't want to deep discharge nimh past 1.0V anyway.

Any reason why? I've read in the battery section that 0v is ok for a single NiMH

Last edited:

red02

Enlightened
Is it a different case for Eneloops?

According to Mr.Happy in a single cell application the lowest voltage the cell can reach is 0 V and this will not particularly harm an eneloop

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that I am aware of. Once a device has it's performance drop (like a flashlight out of regulation), it's best to remove the cell shortly thereafter. A nimh cell should, after resting a bit, bounce back to a voltage reading of around 1.2V with no load; this is the important measure. So fresh out of the device, I would say a reading of 0v would be damaging to the cell to some degree.