I found a local Flashaholic

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
By Accident, today. I go to the wound care clinic at the local hospital for my diabetic ulcer. I showed my L4 to the guy and told him this is the latest and greatest. He was very impreseed. Then he admitted to me that he has a huge number of flashlights!!!

I told him about CPF, with the warning that it is dangerous to the wallet. He said he would check it out. I don't know his name.

All this time, I thought I was the only flashaholic in my town. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've met three people who are CPF members that live in this area. One in mid- to late-2000, one last year, and one this year.
But I probably live in a bigger town. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ikendu lives about half an hour away from me...

but he's got a nice biodiesal car, and i would be ashamed to show him the blue bunny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Met SilverFox, tibim, and I live with two ("brite one" and his little brother)!

I didn't even know that brite one was registered and "on board" for some time...little jokster - it's all my fault! For all I know the little guy may be here also!?

I'm watching over my shoulder...btw, last night we had "beam wars" in the back yard - I think I won using my Mr. Bulk, Brinkmann LX w/extended tube & 5 watt "Eye Cryin' 5 Watt Cyan"!!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
man...i need to move to california.

there has to be some wierd, myseterious reason that so many flashaholics live in calif...
something in the water?
alien sublminal messaging?
superhuman cows with the ability to mix drinks?

mouse

Newly Enlightened
Roth,
even though I live in Denver currently, I still make it back home (DeWitt) on a semi-regular basis and have LEO family in Cedar Rapids. Of course, I spent more time in Davenport than CR

Tombeis

Enlightened
While shopping at Gander Mountain a few weeks ago, I wanted to ask a clerk how the Surefire lights were selling.(Their prices were at Surefire list prices.)

There was another customer looking over the Surefire display, and we started talking about flashlights. I said that I had been interested in, and liked flashlights almost all my life.

He looked at me with a shocked look on his face and said, "Well so have I!"

We talked for a while and I gave hime the CPF and Brightguy web addresses so he could see their were many others who suffered the same fate as we.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had the pleasure of meeting many CPF members thanks to the GT at the SHOT show. Everybody was great and I had a grand time.

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Everytime I'm at the local stores looking for any new flashlights and there's someone else there too, I ask myself "is he a flashalholic too?".
Californians need to be ready for either the Big One (Earthquake), Rolling Black Outs (none this year so far) and terrorist attacks on our bridges (Golden Gate and Bay Bridge). I'm surrounded by CPF members, but I've yet to bump into one. . .

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised that there are 3 other forum members in Bellingham. Only 80,000 people, mostly because of the University I think. I've only met SilverFox and Ferrous and corresponded with the other.
I'm also surprised by the number of forum members who live in Washington as a whole.