• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire U2 LEGO head feeler.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have a head that takes P60 drop-in's and fits on the U2 body and the weaponlight body that shares the same thread set-up. It makes for a very neat look and short host. Might kick some life into any older U2's out there not getting any love or any pocket time.

I don't think getting them made will be a problem but there has to be enough interest to get it off the ground first. I know a guy over at Oveready...........LOL
Price depends mainly on the number of those interested and if there's enough interest maybe it could be a regular item.

So what are your thoughts? Good bad or whatever!
PROTOTYPE PICS ARE ON POST 4

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any drawings of it? Will it be HA black? Also, what is your price range? I'm potentially interested :devil: it sounds like a great idea. Not sure how many U2 bodies are laying around without a head, though.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I'll get a pic up in a bit but fair warning, I can't take pics. Yeah HA black! Possibly HA green for the weaponlights as well.
I figure this will potentially be interesting enough that you might take the big old head off for a little while LOL.

Plus there are those few U2 pineapple bodies................. :) Or any body that's been made to fit the U2 head!

IMG_2092.jpg

Nothing new here.
IMG_2093.jpg

Now this won't be it exactly style wise but it's getting closer to what I'd like.
IMG_2098.jpg

A very bad shot showing length difference in heads.
IMG_2103.jpg

In place of an M2 head and adapter on a 6V weaponlight.
IMG_2102.jpg

Poor in hand shot.
IMG_2100.jpg

Room for Malkoff, Nailbender, and YES the Moddoo Triples!

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
AH I don't like the bigger plain ol' bezel you'd then have to use. I have that on so many lights already. Plus this is certainly shorter overall and can give more spill if done right.

Trying to be a bit different and give us some heatsinking fins along the way.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Sgt LED I am very interested in one of these. I need a head for my spare Kroma Milspec body. Now that my kroma is wearing its fancy PK body.

However might i request a slight design change? Im not understanding how the dropins are inserted into the head. Is it like a VME head? where a large bezel is unscrewed from the head?

I was hoping for some threading, Like the U2. So I can screw on crenelations.

I like the fins. Perhaps something similar to say an older M3 bezel?

This is not mine but I was hoping to have a replica of the first gen U2 Porcupine crenelations. sort of something along the lines of the more aggressive CB found on M3 and KT4 heads.

porcupinev1.jpg

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Oh man, you had me excited for a sec - I thought you'd be keeping the selector ring so as to provide variable drive levels to the P60 drop-in. This would pose a problem for some P60's (w/ boost drivers or ones that cut out completely at voltages less than 3v) but I think it would be absolutely awesome with others - the M61 for example.

Last edited:

Lightsman

Newly Enlightened
Looks very intersting, If the price is right I'd be interested in one head in black HA for my U2 tube and clickie. Would be perfect for me since I'm thinking about a P60 capable flashlight...