IlluminaTi XP-G R5 Tint / Brightness Issues

robthefishguy

Newly Enlightened
So, about 3 weeks ago, I decided that the IlluminaTi would be a great best man or groomsman gift for my upcoming wedding. I wasn't positive that it could be loved by all, so I ordered one to see if it'd live up to the hype...it did. Love the light, so I ordered 3 more, so I could give one to each of the guys. Price-wise, the 3 new ones were 10% more expensive, which is difficult for me to deal with, but hey, it's my best buddies and they deserve it. They arrived, and this is where it gets weird. No way could I gift these without checking them all out, and being the addict that I am, I had to compare all 4 just for the fun of it.
I know, I know, lots of c#%p nobody needs to hear....

Upon inspection/testing, one of the lights appears to be slightly dimmer, and MUCH more neutral or warm than the others.

So, question is this : DID I GET THE XP-E INSTEAD OF THE XP-G, OR IS THIS A TINT VARIATION OF THE XP-G THAT THE OTHERS ARE? Either way, is there any way that someone may suggest for me to figure this out?
Keep in mind that I have no way of checking output. I'm an addict, but amateur at best...all I can do is some basic camera work and compare it to other lights that I have on hand.

All lights tested on Eneloops that have similar ratings on my Maha MH-C9000, and also with the Energizer Ultimate Lithium included with the lights.
Total noob to posting on this forum, so please be gentle if I am not perfect, and I am open to criticism, providing nobody gets nasty. I've been reading here for quite some time, and look forward a bunch more.lovecpf
robthefishguy
robthefishguy
robthefishguy
one of the three bright, 'cool white':
IlluminaTi-1.jpg

the dimmer, 'warm' one
IlluminaTiWARM.jpg

Not certain if these pics will help, they just don't seem to see what I do. I really don't mind the 'dimmer' light...but how do I know I got what I payed for without having to pay that extra to ship it back? I can try some white wall shots if anyone thinks I should.

robthefishguy

robthefishguy

Newly Enlightened
L-M-H, I knew there was good reason to post here. Thanks!

Now to decide if I'm ok with the warm floody output or not...

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
You can also double check by looking at the LEDs... the XP-E would look a tad different than the XP-G. Specifically, the actual LED die on the XP-G will be a bit larger (although the package size is the same).

However, some LED tint and brightness variation is to be expected.

robthefishguy

Newly Enlightened
You can also double check by looking at the LEDs... the XP-E would look a tad different than the XP-G. Specifically, the actual LED die on the XP-G will be a bit larger (although the package size is the same).

However, some LED tint and brightness variation is to be expected.

Well, it looks to me like they are the same size. Very very close if not exact.
Thanks.