Malkoff 60LF a good all-around?

Guyon

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of 6P's I got for a sweet deal and I've been meaning to upgrade them for a while. These are lights that would be used for general purposes. They would ride in a glove box most of the time, and once in a while, I might take one outdoors for hiking/camping.

I see Gene has the 60LF's on sale for $39, and I wanted some opinions about that drop-in. Seems like it would be an economical way to upgrade these two Surefires, and the run-time is an attractive feature on the drop-in.

Last note... is there any market for the Surefire bulbs I'll be taking out of the flashlights?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one of these new...perfect drop-in...I find my M60F is sometime too bright...this one's just right...has everythnig but throw, but is plenty for walking in the woods, changing a flat, etc., with light to spare and excellent peripheal lighting.

As far as the old bulbs, build an "AOW Battery Vampire" out of them...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237648

OR you can sell them for around $6-$7 a piece, but there's not a big market for them, since so many of us have upgraded our P60 host's to LED or use the 9 volt L.A.'s.

Oh, and :welcome:

Last edited:

lightsandknives

Enlightened
I love my M60LF! It's a beautiful wall of light with excellent runtime. For indoor needs, it's perfect in my opinion. There's no throw to it, so for short to moderate needs, it's great. For walking outside, there's no "follow the bouncing ball" of the hotspot. I don't think you'd be disappointed.....unless you're looking for throw.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one and put it in a G2. Great cool white tint, smooth beam and plenty of output for indoor and short range outdoor work. A good light to have around in the house or car, or for anything that doesn't require a lot of throw, or particularly low output. Get one while you still can.

Guyon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, fellas. I just picked up a couple, one for each 6P.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have it and can also recommend it: it's great for short distance and illuminates a large area without a disturbing hotspot. Or with other words: the main beam consists of an extremely wide hotspot followed by a wide and useful spill.

Darvis

Enlightened
I have one in a VME single 123 twisty rig and it is an excellent room lighter-upper, I think you will be well pleased.