Need weaponlight suggestions for my .50 AR15

gundam83

Newly Enlightened
I will be shooting .50 Beowulf rounds out of my AR and not .223 so I need something rugged. Felt recoil is between a 12 and 20 gauge shotgun.

1. I can't afford to spend $500 on a light, so I'm looking for something around the $200 range (without a mount).
2. I currently have a VTAC offset light mount holding a Fenix TK11 but I have feeling it won't be up to snuff once the lead starts flying. I will probably go Larue and have it mounted at the 1 oclock position.
3. I don't like finicky tape switches and would prefer to use my index finger to activate the light. Although I have a vertical grip, but I use it more of a hand stop.
4. I would like something with around 400+ OTF lumens and prefer flood

I've considered mating the TNVC TX4 head onto a 6p host, but I was wondering if there were any better bang for the buck alternatives.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm budget is important. But for something as heavy as a Beowulf you probably want to minimize weight.

I would highly recommend the VTAC-L4. It is only $150. But it is technically a scoutlight. It is a 2x cell E2D body that says Viking Tactics, but it has a Scoutlight KX2C head and Scoutlight tailcap.

While it is only 200 surefire lumens it is plenty. Then if you feel venturous enough send the head to Milkyspit.

He is modding a Surefire DIY ICE head for me. its gonna be one bright light. I forget but something like 500 lumens. You could get a E series incan head and send that in to be modded into a room sweeper. 800 P7 lumens of flood.

blkdawg

Newly Enlightened
How do i contact milkyspit?
I need a custom mod. but he is not answering his PM. or it's just me :(

thanks

Hmm budget is important. But for something as heavy as a Beowulf you probably want to minimize weight.

I would highly recommend the VTAC-L4. It is only $150. But it is technically a scoutlight. It is a 2x cell E2D body that says Viking Tactics, but it has a Scoutlight KX2C head and Scoutlight tailcap.

While it is only 200 surefire lumens it is plenty. Then if you feel venturous enough send the head to Milkyspit.

He is modding a Surefire DIY ICE head for me. its gonna be one bright light. I forget but something like 500 lumens. You could get a E series incan head and send that in to be modded into a room sweeper. 800 P7 lumens of flood.

Latest posts