DMINI TELE-force head works surprisingly well with DMINI VX ULTRA

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I received the Teleforce head from Lumapower
http://www.lumapower.com/A_05.html

while waiting for the back-ordered DMini VX 270L for which it was designed.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumapower-dmini-vx.html

Meanwhile, I decided to try it on my VX Ultra just for the heck of it. Contrary to expectations (and some posts) I found that the TELEforce head (not the huge TURBOforce head designed for the VX-Ultra) significantly increased VX-Ultra throw and created a visible, if modest hotspot while maintaining a widely dispersed beam.

I was favorably impressed and will use this head with the VX Ultra when I am outside.

Brightnorm

Last edited:

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: DMINI TELE-force head works surprisingly well with VX ULTRA

I don't understand why. Was your VX Ultra functioning properly with its regular head? Did you have the Teleforce screwed down completely? I can't believe mine was a fluke; everything fit so perfectly and the result was definitely superior to the original (in terms of throw). It's too bad I don't have a camera for beam shots. Could you post a beam shot or perhaps just a detailed description of the beam? Sorry it didn't work for you.

Brightnorm

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have a Tele-force head right now. That was about a year ago. I have another tele-force coming though next week for an EZ900 1.4 A pill I built. Will try it again then with my SST-50 pill.

tolkaze

Enlightened

did you have to bore it out a bit? or was it an okay fit for the SST-50? my Turboforce head came in the mail yesterday... my wife almost kicked me out of the house I was playing with it so much... would have been fine with me, would have gone shining it round the neighbourhood!

MR.A

Newly Enlightened

a small tele which is designed for R2 fits perfect to the SST-50 and works fine. I dont have to be bothered and get the BIG ugly tele force head.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

That small tele is what I'm referring to. I'm glad you had the same result that I had.The "big ugly one" is the TURBOforce and is designed for the Dmini VX Ultra. It's easy to confuse the TELE force and TURBO force. I wish Lumapower had picked different names (ie: Turboforce & Turboforce Ultra, etc)

Brightnorm

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right Norm it looks good with SST-50 in Tele-Force head. But the lux change is not really noticeable. My CA 813 meter shows about a 1000 lux difference between the reflectors. Most impressive is my new 1.4A, WH bin, EZ900 die pill. Getting 27,800 lux with it. What a laser beam. Fantastic looking spot too. No nasty rings to it. I tried it also in the standard reflector and got 15,100 lux, but it was ringy. If anybody is interested in the data.....1.4A driver is good for a 22% increase in output. (about 330 lumen OTE) EZ900 is good for another 23% in lux. (same lumen just smaller spot) Totals about 50% more lux than the stock tele-force, which Lumapower mentioned once was about 18,000 lux.

Last edited: