Does this seem suspicious?

ironhorse

Enlightened
I had a light for sale. I got a reply asking me to email a potential buyer.
The buyer then replied to post a reply on the thread to verify the same account that started the thread.
I then received another email asking if I would ship to Singapore. I looked at the persons join date and it was one day ago and he had two posts.
Am I being paranoid?
This is the first time I have listed a light for sale and I have never shipped outside of the U.S. before.

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
You're the seller, so... technically you can sell who you want to sell too. If you want you could do a US only shipping. Surely someone with some selling experience will chime in.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

mikeyx

Enlightened
Selling overseas does carry risks. First, the postal services of foreign countries are not always as reliable as the USPS and second, in order for the seller to have PayPal protection, I believe that you must send your parcel using Express Mail International, which is prohibitively expensive.

But selling overseas also has its rewards. Many lights are often unavailable or too expensive outside of the US, so you are helping out our foreign brothers.

Selling overseas also requires you to fill out and attach a customs form to the package, so it's more work on your part.

I still sell overseas and take the risks, but there are not many others who will not. I have probably sold to 20 different countries and all transactions have gone smoothly and without incident, but there are also many stories posted on the forum about overseas sales that were not as successful.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Mike