Flashlights and Fly Swatting

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight there was I noticed a fly landed on my desk, while I was playing with my flashlight. So I decided to try to blind it by shining simultaniously a L4, SNII, and a 6Z with P61 at it to try and blind him while I wack him with a rolled up newspaper.

That (*&(*^!@ saw it coming and flew away! I thought those lights would of completely blinded it! What gives?

If I only had a Maxabeam, so I can slowly cook him with light.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I've found works with flies, is either my cat who loves nothing better than to chase down and eat flies or hair spray. If you can catch them with the hair spray they will eventually slow down as the spray hardens.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, you could always use Raid if nothing else was available and the fly really pisses you off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I keep a can of Raid in the bathroom, but I don't think I've had to use it all year.

Somewhere around here, I have a picture of me spraying Raid and using a SureFire KL2 in a "tactical" manner with it.

highlandsun

Enlightened
Even plain water from a spray bottle works for me, wets the wings so they can't fly. Then you just pick 'em up and dispose of them. (Or if you're feeling sadistic, pick 'em up and tear off a wing, or snip off half of a wing, and watch for a while....)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i like big flys.

i had one the size of my head in here yesterday, and it was so slow i could wack it with whatever i pleased.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to shoot flies with my rubber band rifle. My parents don't appreciate it because it leaves the insides of the flies all over the wall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey PK, this ones for you!
Tactical tape ( electric tape ) mounting for unlimited mounting choices!
fb64159d.jpg

fb64159c.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

that has got to be one of the coolest rubber band guns i've seen in a while! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes...those battery powered zappers do use a fair amount of volts...and make one heck of a noise if they get something. Used to make me jump EVERY time. Zapped me a fair few times when cleaning if I forgot to ground the grid first. Unfortunately, the transformer powering the grid died, so I'll have to try to find another one...which is seeming to be impossible.

dlee96

Newly Enlightened
flies have little hairs on them that detect air moment. They have a lifetime of experience discriminating between ambient air movement and someone/something trying to smoosh them. I bet it was blinded but it can still tell you're coming at it. damn flies.

Darell

Flashaholic
Wanna stun a fly? Use some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Give 'em a little mist and watch them spiral to the floor. You can do it again and again and they don't seem to notice. Of course, that's how I am with beer too, so maybe humans aren't as advanced as we often give ourselves credit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Love the pictures, Mr. V8. And yes, the 123 "shells" on the floor are a nice touch.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8,

PK is going to be REALLY envious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I use my Beeman R7 pellet rifle myself (No, I don't have holes in my walls. I use the felt cleaning pellets). What also works is lock de-icer as it contains methanol. You have to be sure to get a brand that doesn't contain oil, or you will have stains on your walls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Dan